Location: Dayton, OH
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for working on the concept, requirements, design, development and testing of an aircraft electrical power system.
In the role of Systems Engineer, you will utilize your power electronics, power generation and distribution, controls, software, and simulation expertise to work with the customer in defining, allocating, validating, tracing, verifying, and documenting customer requirements. You will help in certifying electric power systems on commercial airplanes.
In addition, as a Systems Engineer, you will:
- Design Power Systems Architectures in co-operation with aircraft manufacturers
- Utilize your power electronics, power generation and distribution, controls, software, and simulation expertise to work with the customer in defining requirements
- Derive system interfaces
- Work with subsystem leads in developing, allocating, validating, tracing, verifying, and documenting requirements
- Perform system analysis, safety analysis, modeling, and simulation
- Develop the systems test environment
- Development system test plans and procedures and get their approval with the customer
- Work on developing and releasing test reports to customers
- Define Safety of Flight and Qualification tests and ensure that critical safety aspects of electric system are tested and verified to enable flight test program
- Develop and execute objectives for yourself and others; can affect short-term and some long-term business goals
- Maintain scope baseline
- Work with both real-time and non-real-time systems, such as hardware-in-the-loop and computer-in-the-loop simulations and be able to distribute these simulations
- Document the results of analyses and studies in technical reports
- Develop significant Customer interaction and relationship acting as reliable focal point for assigned LRU.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Support technical and program reviews
- Degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical/ Electrical Aerospace Engineering
- Experience in requirements development, verification and validation
- Experience in system engineering and project management/planning
- Knowledge of aircraft power distribution and generation
- Clear thinking and diligent approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of electrical power systems technical requirements, certification requirements
- Experience/ knowledge of the development lifecycle phases
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems, i.e. DOORs
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to contribute in a team environment
- Experience of RTCA DO-178B/C, SAE ARP4754A or similar rigorous development standard
- System mindset and problem solver
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Use Programming Language
Agile Software Development