Position: Technical Product Manager (Remote Opportunity)
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
The Technical Product Management will partner with the Director of Technical Product Management to develop and execute digital strategies to deliver cutting-edge, best in class products, services and capabilities that offer a world class digital experience
The Technical product Manager will ensure execution of product strategy by maintaining detailed product roadmaps, grooming product backlogs, facilitating and supporting ideation sessions, gathering user feedback and customer VOC. This position requires a focus on understanding business needs and the skill to translate those into a working product vision. The TPM will need to develop working use cases, as well as work closely with the Business Analyst and technical development team to deliver product in an innovative technological environment. This position requires product leadership skills to create a collaborative relationship between Business and IT for all aspects of products deliverables. The Technical Product Manager collaborates across the organization to drive the creation of business requirements, contribute subject matter expertise, and support user acceptance testing. The Technical Product Manager may assist in product launch and other product related activities.
This role will have product ownership for the Consumer product area. In addition to using VOC to stay current on market trends, the role will generate recommendations for planning and supporting the strategic direction of the Consumer business. The role requires working closely with business development and research and development to evaluate new application and technology areas. Direct interaction with customers is required to understand customer needs and stay abreast of market conditions. As a member of a team, the Product Manager will work in collaboration with other team members in the areas of strategic marketing plan, product positioning, development and delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads conversations with the business to translate needs into products, features, and services through Inception/Ideation
- Develop and maintain strong & productive relationships with all development and business stakeholders in order to ensure timely and effective delivery of software features.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Grooms the backlog - Prioritizes user stories and requests into releases based on ROI and cross portfolio dependencies
- Contributes to and maintains the creation of product visions and product roadmaps
- Assists with obtaining VOC via product demos, interviews, surveys, customer visits
- Clearly articulate feature requirements through the development of User Stories, Specifications, Process Mapping, and applicable artifacts
- Manage the requirements gathering process between cross-functional teams of stakeholders and various internal resources including product managers, internal stakeholders, customers and software related technical resources
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal customers to analyze information and business workflow to deliver functional requirements, use cases, and user interface designs
- Contribute to the overall Product Vision and Roadmap
- Provides input into the prioritization of product features and the publish product roadmaps for Analytic offering.
- Works with the project team throughout the product development, testing, and implementation phases to ensure feature integrity and deliverables meet or exceed expectations
- Helps develop user experience, release notes, product documentation, & training
- Assists with the product communication and the “go to market strategy”
- Monitor ongoing performance of features and act as point of contact for any questions, concerns, or suggestions
- Ensures release notes, training and pricing models are developed and delivered with each release
- Partner with Business Subject Matter Experts to define data driven products and services and manage portfolio of products to ensure comprehensive coverage of customer needs
Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 2+ years Product Management experience Preferred, 1+ years product development required
- Consumer healthcare experience preferred,
- Experience of working within a Product Management framework/discipline
- Experience successfully leading technology teams within the delivery of enterprise software products. Proven track record of execution--driving results and meeting commitments
- Experience with Solutions Architecture practice and methodologies
- Working knowledge of SDLC agile methodologies
- Demonstrates strong analytical, product ownership and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates strong communication, customer service, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership and change management skills
- Demonstrates exceptional presentation and facilitation skills with a cross functional business audience from staff to executive audiences
- Ability to communicate technical issues in a non-technical manner to a diverse audience
- Ability to drive change and innovation
- Ability to handle large / complex projects
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.
- Software Development
- Agile Software Development
- User Story
- Usability Testing