*Required to be Bilingual in English and Spanish
Facilitates and coordinates voice communications between hospital personnel, the outside community, police, fire and rescue agencies, and the medical community. Operates and maintains all centralized telecommunications equipment to include: 1) telephone equipment, 2) paging equipment, 3) alarm equipment, 4) TDD equipment. Acts as information liaison for hospital schedules and procedures, events and activities, and patient information. Responds and triages in-house emergency codes and hospital emergency alarms. Responds and triages Home Care and Hospice for after-hour patient contacts.
May act as shift supervisor in the absence of the Supervisor, Telecommunications Center
Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.
Shift: 11a-7p every other weekend (Sat/Sun)
Minimum licensure/certification required (if applicable):
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Experience with Windows 2000 and basic computer knowledge.
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a service provider environment preferred.
- Must posses strong customer service skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and strong verbal communications.
- Must be tactful, self-controlled, and poised at all times.
- Must be reliable.
- Requires visual acuity sufficient to read computer screens on a continuous basis.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient for daily use of a PC and fax, to lock/unlock-controlled areas/panels, and to complete written documentation.
- Must be able to be ambulatory, able to climb stairs and carry and move light office equipment.
- In emergencies, departmental or hospital, must be available 24 hours if required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Required to speak fluently in Spanish and English.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.