To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oshkosh, WI 54901
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Great Northern Corporation • Oshkosh, WI
Posted 28 days ago
Employees are Our Greatest Asset
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders – integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, “We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The “win” for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, “We help our customers win by doing what others can’t or won’t” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others “can’t or won’t” for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer’s challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Logistics/Supply Chain Supervisor
Under general direction, perform freight-checking, spot trucks, load and unloads rolls, finished product pallets and all other materials. After review of production schedules will stage raw materials to production work centers with required rolls, corrugated cases, etc. Will operate roll clamp trucks and forklifts safely to perform shipping and receiving functions, finished goods storage, the staging of production equipment and overall raw material flow. Will ensure that product shipped & received is verified against pertinent documentation such as bills of lading, purchase orders and invoices. Will maintain the dock and entire facility to remain clean and orderly.
- Recommends and assists in implementing improvements to all operating procedures. Strives for continuous improvement at Great Northern Oshkosh.
- Drives roll clamp and/or forklift to safely transport materials received or shipped by Great Northern Oshkosh.
- Understands how to use computer system and the forklift scanning devises, (guns) which enter and release finished goods from bin locations and also stage freight.
- Receive against purchase orders within the computer system, with focus upon confirmation of MSDS Sheet(s) required for all Hazardous Materials incoming.
- Has the knowledge and skill to author and print accurate Bills of Landing correctly representing Great Northern Oshkosh freight.
- Be capable of assisting the front office staff with “emergency” expedited shipment scenarios that develop after the Traffic Supervisor or Warehouse Coordinator has departed the building. Know how to communicate with and select a freight company for such an expedited shipment. Know the telephone numb3ers to call in order to communicate with outside warehouse (non GNC staff) to ultimately confirm availability of and next, “pull” requested finish goods from the appropriate warehouse. Author the appropriate paperwork to track such shipments and provide on-time shipment to customer per the instructions from our customer and CSR. Report such expedited shipments to Traffic Supervisor.
- Can perform physical inventory confirmation using computer reports generated by Great Northern Oshkosh system.
- Assist with down piling and labeling of outers on the folder gluers.
- Deliver supplies and raw materials to all work centers on the production floor.
- Maintains proper logs and inventories specific to finished goods by correct and consistent use of scanning bar code equipment on forklifts and other equipment.
- Share information from shift-to-shift.
- Reads and understands job tickets, roll stock reports, finished goods reports, raw material reports, purchase orders, etc. within Great Northern Oshkosh’s software system.
- Verifies content and accurate count of material received against S/G original orders.
- Operates equipment such as forklifts and roll clamps; ensures that equipment is in safe working order; and oversees equipment preventative maintenance programs and daily inspections of said equipment as required by OSHA.
- Oversee inventory of propane tanks used on S/R equipment.
- Manage baler waste and baler room, kill rolls, gaylords and trailer load-out waste.
- Manage pallet wrapper and poly wrap stock for wrapper. Wrap finished goods pallets delivered from production area and route pallets to correct staging per delivery destination and/or outside warehouses. Critical to confirm routing with zero errors.
- Confirms final truck shipments are staffed and baler room is maintained with an open delivery ramp ready to accept new bales.
- Promotes safety throughout the organization.
- Brings forward any unresolved issues in a professional manner.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Individual must possess: High school diploma or equivalency preferred; 3-5 years’ experience in a S/R dock environment and Fork Lift and Roll Clamp experience required; ability to perform mathematical calculations involving adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions, decimals and percentages; ability to communicate with fellow employees; ability to read and interpret job jackets.
D shift 6pm-6am 2-2-3 fixed schedule
Great Northern is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply For This Position View other Positions
Production PositionsMachine Operator – 1st Shift
Find out how we can exceed your expectations
We welcome new challenges and continue to provide innovative solutions to the packaging and instore industries.Contact Us
Copyright ©2019 All Rights Reserved Great Northern Corporation