St Francis Hospital
At St. Francis-Emory Healthcare, we recognize that our patients deserve qualified, engaged, and competent healthcare professionals. And we know that our healthcare professionals deserve a working environment that is safe, leaders who are visible and supportive, and opportunities to grow and develop in their chosen disciplines. The heart of St. Francis is in its people, making our hospital a family that only the best is invited to join. If you feel that your skills and compassion fit with our vision for healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Position reports to Billing Coordinator and may include some, but not all, duties as follows:
• Serve as secondary point of contact for all revenue cycle processes and follow up requests related to charge posting, accounts receivable, payment and patient account activities, for both hospital clinics and PMDS.
• Provide training, feedback and assistance to hospital clinic staff relating to pre-visit revenue cycle impacting processes, including demographic and insurance entry/information, patient TOS payment collection, eligibility verification, authorizations and provider credentialing.
• Assist with bank/payment reconciliation/balance processes, as well as any clinic deposit and cash reconciliation processes.
• Periodically review clinic charge posting activities for compliance and adherence to accepted practices and documented processes, as well as assist in posting hospital clinic charges where responsibility is designated.
• Review/respond to/resolve claim scrubs, front-end denials, back-end denials, and appeals where responsibility is designated, including providing training, feedback, and assistance to hospital clinics in preventing the recurrence of problematic claims.
• Assist with insurance/patient refunds processing and reconciliation between accounting and PMDS, including reviewing refunds lists, obtaining check numbers for refund checks processed, and assisting in the overall unapplied credits process.
• Oversee and monitor 3rd party payer/provider/department enrollment processes and ensure timely communication of changes/updates to hospital clinics, PMDS and other impacted parties.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, standards, and laws.
• Work on special projects, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
X High school diploma or equivalent X Required
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Minimum Work Experience
1-3 years of progressive experience in physician billing is required. Health information management/coding preferred.
Required SkillsLifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
• Technical proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office, and medical software systems (PM/EHR).
• Ability to create and follow written procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
• CPC Coursework or CPC Certification a plus.
- Accounts Receivable
- Claim Processing