Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life. They’re the kind of people you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that’s inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging Company is looking for a Lead Maintenance Technician in Cartersville, GA. This position is for a day shift position from 6:48 am - 3:00 pm. Hours can vary depending on production needs.
Maintenance Technician Leads are responsible for leading and coordinates activities of vendors and workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment; and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems of mill, industrial plant, or other establishment s. The primary duties of a Maintenance Technician Lead include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Report to and inform the Maintenance Manager of project status, training status and requirements as well as material requirements.
- Direct and assign the day-to-day workload of the Maintenance Technicians.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Review production, quality control and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Plan, develop and implement new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and affect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager with workload and project planning.
- Maintain project, maintenance and repair parts and supplies inventories.
- Originate and implement purchase order process, including vendor setup and EMIS data entry and necessary reports.
- Coordinate outside vendors to perform scheduled maintenance and repairs in specialized areas and review performance for quality and cost effectiveness.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of a Maintenance Technician.
- Train new Maintenance Technicians and coordinate ongoing training of existing staff.
- Manage and operate the Maintenance/Inventory/PM Software Program.
- Fill in for Maintenance Manager when necessary.
- Assist in the coordination of projects with engineering, machine shop and shift supervisors.
- Complete written documentation as required.
- Assist with on call duties after hours and weekends.
Two year Associate Degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field is preferred. A minimum of five years Industrial Maintenance Technician experience is preferred.
Maintenance Technician Leads are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Continuous Quality Improvement (Cqi)
- Customer Service
- Data Entry