Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life. They’re the kind of people you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that’s inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging Company is looking for a Production/Shift Lead based in Modesto, CA. This opening is for Night Shift.
The Production/Shift Leads are for production lines during one whole shift of operation. Responsible for knowing and enforcing policies, procedures, practices and programs. The primary duties of a Production/Shift Lead include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Assign shift personnel to production equipment, following shift work schedule and break schedules to ensure work is completed on time.
- Train employees on a shift.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Oversee safety, security, good housekeeping and enforce company policies to eliminate accidents and control accident costs.
- Resolve production and quality problems that occur on a shift. Make frequent checks of product quality and GMP standards and give functional guidance to shift operations and quality personnel.
- Complete written documentation as required.
- Attend all production, safety, and shift meetings.
- Assist Production Manager in reviewing shift operations and make recommendations relative to changes in organization, personnel, equipment and procedures.
- Follow work orders and ensures proper product codes are used and built.
- Accurately report production data.
- Troubleshoot and make necessary adjustments to machinery and equipment.
- Inspect materials prior to use.
- 0-25% travel may be required.
A minimum of 2 years' experience in an operations supervisory or management role in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated leadership skills strongly preferred.
Production Leads are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Continuous Quality Improvement (Cqi)
- Customer Service
- Industrial Production