To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Homewod, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Homewod, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Are You looking for an entry level Accounting role with a reputable client that will allow for growth within the Company? Apex Systems is working on a position with a large Medical Enterprise in Birmingham, AL. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to Katie Thomas at email@example.com
Position Title: Cash Accounting Specialist
Total education, vocational training and experience:
- High School diploma required/College degree in Accounting/Finance strongly preferred
- 2 plus years of working experience in the area of general ledger accounting and cash reconciliation preferred.
- PeopleSoft experience is preferred
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
Skills and abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook, Word
- Ability to manage time in a deadline-oriented environment
- Efficient and timely data entry with proper attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong data and financial analysis experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to interact in a positive manner and to communicate well with co-workers, supervisor and facility teammates
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks while setting priorities and working independently
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Strong customer service skills and relationship-building are important
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in a face-paced environment
Primary position responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly cash reconciliations as assigned.
- Identify, research and resolve cash discrepancies timely following established policy and procedures.
- Develop knowledge of and work closely with Treasury, Accounts Payable, Revenue and Financial Reporting teams.
- Prepare various spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel.
- Ensure validity of documentation received for processing.
- Determine the appropriate general ledger account code for items to be entered into the accounting system & record necessary journal entries.
- Communicate discrepancies to the appropriate personnel.
- Miscellaneous projects when necessary.
- Confer with Supervisor on unusual or complex questions.
- Must be dependable, deadline driven, display good work ethics and a team player.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178