At Carvana, we sell cars but we aren’t car salesmen. Our promise is simple: we won’t sell a car to a customer that we wouldn’t sell to our own Mom. Period. To make sure our car’s are in first-rate condition, we’ve built multiple vehicle Reconditioning Centers around the country, where our cars are inspected, perfected, and photographed before reaching the Carvana website. Using our Carvana Certified 150-point inspection process, we’re able to verify that every vehicle meets our rigorous mechanical and cosmetic standards.
We strive to provide only the highest quality vehicles to our customers in our mission to deliver a no-hassle, better car buying experience. We are actively looking for passionate and talented individuals who can help us deliver on that promise.
Think you’ve got what it takes to join our team? Keep reading below to see what we’re looking for!
About the team and position
As a Training Specialist, you will leverage your skills and expertise to train the Tech Services organization within Carvana as well as various external functional groups and personnel and maintain training courses to ensure Carvana employees are up to speed on the latest Tech Services procedures and processes. This role will work closely with the Inspection Center, Market Ops, Customer Care, Engineering, and local SMEs to administer and track training for new hires and existing employees.
The Training Support will support our IC Talent Teams by driving execution of our training programs in the field as needed. The ideal candidate for this role will be organized, creative, driven and passionate about employee training and development.
This role will report to the Senior Manager of the Tech Services PMO, Training and Analytics team. This is a full-time, salaried position based out of our corporate HQ in Tempe, AZ. Travel may be required according to business needs.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, develop and implement and evaluate all internal and external training programs for the Tech Services organization
- Work with Tech Services Tech Writer(s) to ensure technical training content is created, updated, and deployed to end users
- Drive the delivery of current and future training programs through facilitation/administration of training content, tracking course completion and providing reporting on NSAT, KPI, Kirkpatrick, or other structured data
- Ensure all training programs rolled out across Tech Services are successfully being executed at all locations
- Effectively partner with all levels of leadership across Tech Services to ensure training and technical employee development programs are being executed as directed (Standardized Work, Training for Excellence, Training Matrix, etc)
- Provide support to our Inspection Center and Remote Field Services teams by administering onboarding and new site leadership training plans.
- Develop master training calendar to maintain completion and tracking of all Tech Services training.
- Facilitate train-the-trainers by partnering with Inspection Centers, Hubs, VMs, and HQs talent teams to ensure necessary training has been completed.
- Maintain training records; arrange information and files in a useful manner
- Provide reports and feedback on the progress of employees under guidance during training periods
- Work an adjusted schedule periodically to support both shifts
- Other duties as assigned
What you should have
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of technical/corporate training delivery experience
- 2 years of experience developing content using course authoring tools. Experience using Articulate preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing or shop environment is preferred but not required
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision, independently when needed and as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships across the Carvana organization
- Ability to effectively communicate training schedules and desired outcomes
- It would be a plus if you have experience with ITIL training
- Experience with PMI/PMP training a plus
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Position with a competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy, both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 70 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.