To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- City of Industry, CA
- Abel Gonzalez
- Phone: 5625664735
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Design Engineer
Aerotek • City of Industry, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Design Engineer will have good communication skills and will be a self-started, motivated learner and demonstrate he/she can work under general supervision. Under the direction of the Design Engineering Manager will perform research and development to design new electromechanical torque measurement products and will create prototypes and perform testing, statistical analysis of systems, 3D CAD model generation, detailed drawings, product BOMs, and related materials in the support of new product development and sustaining engineering.
- Coordinate and prioritize multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Communicate with various departments coordinating efforts to drive on-time completion and delivery of new products.
- Create new product designs of electromechanical torque measurement and calibration systems.
- Create 3D CAD to define componentry and top level assembly drawings for new products and product modifications.
- Apply DFM/DFA principles to optimize cost tradeoffs between component and labor costs; refine component designs and process using supplier and in house manufacturing inputs.
- Write and conduct validation and verification testing to release new products to production.
- Develop processes, methods, tooling, and production controls to seamlessly take designs into production with low manufacturing costs; supervises their assembly and proofing. Creates documentation for the new processes.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5-10 years experience in mechanical engineering design.
- Previous design of electromechanical systems including integration of PCBAs to chassis with mechanical isolation to survive shock and drop.
- Strong understanding of tool steel alloys and heat treatments.
- Strong understanding of test purposes, methodology, and timing to verify, document and validate new product designs.
- Empirical stress analysis of strain gage systems desired.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, preferably materials (metals, plastics, and processing), statics/mechanics, mechanisms, testing, instrumentation, and FEA methods.
- Knowledge of GD&T principles in the ASME Y14.5 drafting standard.
- Strong CAD and drafting skills, preferably SolidWorks.
- Knowledge of modern fabrication and assembly techniques and machine-shop practices and techniques.
- Familiar with CNC machining and plastic injection molding.
- Able to document all work and projects.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Has initiative and able to work effectively with little direction and/or few guidelines.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project
- Familiarity with Six Sigma and Lean concepts preferable.
- MUST BE ITAR COMPLIANT
- NO RELOCATION BONUS OFFERED
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.