Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Based in Independence, OH, the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis will report to the Chief Financial Officer. The individual will be responsible for refining the financial planning and analysis capability within the company and then executing the FP&A function.
The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for the Company's financial planning process including the development of an annual budget and periodic forecasts. They will also be involved in the analysis of and recommendations regarding strategic company investments and will lead the on-going day-to-day analysis of the Company's performance. They will serve as a partner and advisor to the Chief Financial Officer and on a daily basis will interact with the senior leadership of the Company.
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare monthly analysis of operating performance, including analysis of sales (volume and pricing), gross margins (by product and market) and EBITDA for the company’s businesses.
- Participate and assist in the monthly close process as needed, including the explanation of variances to plan, forecast and prior year performance.
- Prepare analysis and reports for inclusion in monthly financial package.
- In collaboration with the leadership team for the business segments; assist in the annual budget process for the business, including submission of volume and pricing assumptions and preparation of SG&A cost budgets.
- Assist in periodic forecast updates, including volume, pricing and SG&A projections, and reconcile to actual, budget and previous forecast as needed.
- Assist in the evaluation of strategic alternatives, including new market/product expansion and acquisitions.
- Develop external benchmarking of competitors utilizing industry data on sales/profit/asset utilization/cash flow/manufacturing efficiency.
- Develop decision support and performance measurement tools and educate organization on their use.
- Review capital appropriation requests; make recommendations on strategic and financial quality of proposal.
- Critically evaluate business processes and help implement new/revised financial and business processes and procedures to help improve profitability.
- Monitor performance to forecast and perform detailed analysis of the drivers of variances.
- Recommend courses of action to management to help ensure the predictability in financial results.
- Work with IT leadership to improve and expand reporting tools/platforms.
- Provide business insights and proactive recommendations on business, organizational, and process improvement opportunities.
Background and Experience:
- An MBA in Finance is preferred, along with 7 to 10 years of progressive experience in planning and/or financial analysis in a manufacturing company with revenues of $500 million or more.
- Strong logic and critical thinking skills both technical and financial a must.
- The successful candidate will possess the ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization and to quickly establish credibility with senior leadership.
- They will have significant experience working with information systems in a large manufacturing business. Experience in a private equity backed or publicly held company is preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Experience working with an ERP system (SAP preferred) is needed and exceptionally strong Excel and modeling skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with great organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects with strong attention to detail.
- The ideal candidate will have significant experience in improving profitability and productivity, while reducing costs and driving automation in businesses. Cost accounting knowledge is necessary.
- They will have a proven track record of process improvement and experience with financial systems and process change initiatives.
The successful candidate will be professional, technically proficient and an independent thinker. Candidate must be "hands-on" and be able to build systems, policies, and procedures.
A team player by nature, this individual must possess a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with that of the Company. The candidate must have integrity beyond reproach and the ethical soundness of a true leader.
The successful candidate must also be able to lead people and processes to support a highly effective financial organization.
Additional key characteristics include:
- Hands-on Financial Leadership: In an environment of change and rapid pace, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to be a hands-on leader in a growing environment. They must understand the cost side of the business and prioritizing initiatives that accelerate the Company's increased profitability. Must be willing to roll up their sleeves and wear several 'hats' in resolving issues as they come up. Must be a strong and visible leader and an active participant in the building of the finance and accounting function.
- Motivation: encourages enthusiasm and creativity. Optimizes energy for groups and individuals. Provides adequate support and challenge while empowering team members.
- Confidence and Credibility: must be able to quickly gain trust with internal and external constituents, particularly with the CFO, Financial Leadership team, equity partners, and the Board of Directors.
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic: strives for and achieves critical business results while holding high standards for performance and effectively mobilizing resources.
- Superior analytical skills and particular attention to detail with sound business judgment and exceptional maturity and communication skills (both written and verbal).
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)