Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today’s gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a EHS&S Technician who will join our team in Madison,IA to provide support to improve and maintain plant environmental, safety and occupational health programs, compliance and regulatory programs and assist with trainings.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Responsible for providing effective professional safety and health support to the site and associates to improve and sustain site safety culture, environmental safety and occupational health programs, and procedures.
- Work within state and federal safety regulations, corporate standards, policies and procedures to ensure compliance. Ensure EPA and OSHA documentation compliance with guidance from internal EHS&S department.
- Maintain safety incident documentation, follow-up on corrective action items, track associate performance and maintain consistent compliance of plant environmental health and safety programs.
- Assist with the development of job task hazard analysis, personal protective equipment analysis, trials, standard operating procedures and formula safety checklists.
- Assist with plant-wide safety meetings, training sessions, associate orientations, safety committee meetings, safety communications, identifying training needs, compile training records in accordance with regulatory and corporate requirements, and safety observations and discussions with associates.
- Collaborate with employees and managers to identify and mitigate safety concerns.
- Ensure required personal protective equipment is available to associates.
- Ensure safety data sheets and checklists are current and available.
- Perform all duties safely and in compliance with environmental, safety & health requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to be successful:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
General knowledge and experience in the administration of various OSHA & industrial Safety programs and record-keeping.
Ability to plan, communicate, implement and monitor assigned safety tasks.
Ability to work independently and execute on decisions associated with safety.
Ability to promote teamwork and train others.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, Google applications, and SAP.
Ability to understand and perform duties associated with various legally required programs, and maintain confidentiality.
Ability to perform essential physical job functions, to include, but not limited to: frequent movement throughout manufacturing environment with conveyor lines, moving forktrucks, etc. The ability to lift 30 pounds, stand, stoop, bend, twist, climb and lift for the duration of the shift.
Must be able to periodically work flexible hours, if necessary
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
Fitness club reimbursement - $350/ Individual & $500/Family]
Starting day one, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
Generous holiday and vacation days.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply and [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)
Personal Protective Equipment
Corrective And Preventive Actions