We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Calhoun location in Tennessee, United States is currently seeking talent to fill the position of EMT & Security Guard. This job is permanent, full-time.
EMS/Security Guard — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of people and property. Maintain State EMS license.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Ensure all Contractors and Visitors have required PPE.
- Ensure all Visitors have had appropriate Safety Orientation.
- Monitor toxic gas alarms and notify departments when necessary
- Perform atmospheric testing for Confined Space and Hot Work activities.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Patrol industrial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Driver motor vehicle to patrol areas and escort deliveries.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations.
- Verify all contractor employees have received Contractor Safety Orientation before entering.
- Provide communications, EMS and communications support to the Emergency Response Team.
- Administer first aid treatment or life support care to sick or injured persons in prehospital settings.
- Perform emergency diagnostic and treatment procedures, such as stomach suction, airway management, or heart monitoring, during ambulance ride.
- Observe, record, and report to physician the patient's condition or injury, the treatment provided, and reactions to drugs or treatment.
- Immobilize patient for placement on stretcher and ambulance transport, using backboard or other spinal immobilization device.
- Maintain vehicles and medical and communication equipment and replenish first aid equipment and supplies.
- Assess nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures.
- Communicate with dispatchers or treatment center personnel to provide information about situation, to arrange reception of victims, or to receive instructions for further treatment.
- Comfort and reassure patients.
- Decontaminate ambulance interior following treatment of patient with infectious disease and report case to proper authorities.
- Operate equipment, such as electrocardiograms (EKGs), external defibrillators, or bag valve mask resuscitators, in advanced life support environments
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Assist in Safety related activities; audits, inspections, administrative, trainings
- Proficient in computer activities; data entry, monitoring, maintaining databases
- Be familiar with all medical protocols and operate within the scope of practice appropriate to your level of licensure.
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at URL blocked - click to apply.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at URL blocked - click to apply and follow us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply, and URL blocked - click to apply.
Personal Protective Equipment