The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for contributing to the design, development, and validation of electro-mechanical systems. The Senior Electrical Engineer would interface with other electrical, software, and mechanical engineers, quality engineers, subject matter experts, manufacturing personnel, OEM partners, clients, and project managers. Successful candidates are required to work with a minimum of supervision towards a stated goal.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Architect electrical systems that satisfy product requirements.
- Determine and document system electrical functional requirements.
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency in analog and digital design, experience with RF design. Experience with Embedded Firmware design.
Design PBCAs with strong understanding of appropriate placement and layout techniques. Familiar with industry standard CAD tools.
- Assist Business Development team with Project Plan development.
- Directly interface with clients to clearly and concisely communicate technical information including requirements, architecture, testing strategies, defects found, and proposed solutions.
- Participate in internal and external design reviews for software, electrical, mechanical, and overall the system to ensure quality design output.
- Propose, develop, and execute electrical design verification test plans per requirements specifications to ensure designs meet requirements.
- Possesses a general knowledge of mechanical (pumps, motors), software (high level and embedded), test (test fixtures), manufacturing, and verification and validation engineering.
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency using lab equipment and debug techniques including oscilloscopes, function generators, and other lab test equipment.
- Develop project documentation in accordance with quality and change management procedures and guidelines.
- Effective in working with remote teams across geographical boundaries.
- Produce an acceptable quantity of work in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of FDA QSR, ISO 13485, and MDD regulations.
- Applied knowledge of 60601-1 4th edition for medical product design.
- Knowledge of Risk Management processes as applied in product development.
- Experience with embedded firmware design and programmable logic.
- Excellent attention to detail and documentation practices.
- Proven product development track record in medical device industry.
- Strong mentoring skills for the development of less experienced engineers.
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done, efficient multi-tasking abilities.
- Energetic self-starter with strong initiative and sense of ownership.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player across multidisciplinary projects and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to travel as required: 10%-15%.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Senior Electrical Engineer must have a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience as determined by ERI Senior Management. A Masters Degree in a related field is a plus. Must have a minimum of 10 years of related experience. Experience in a regulated industry is required, experience in the Medical Device industry is preferred.
- Reports to Director of Product Development or the Group Engineering Lead
- All levels of engineers may report to the Project Manager for determination of the day-to-day activities, resolution of project issues, and reporting of status.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Creo Elements/Pro (Computer Aided Design Software)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: US588YAR_BH1593052
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In a recent study, one-third of large companies predicted contingent workforce growth of 50 percent or more.* Kelly Engineering Resources® can help you be a part of this contingent workforce growth opportunity.
Kelly Engineering Resources, a specialty service of Kelly Services®, is focused exclusively on placing skilled engineering professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and full-time engineering jobs across a full spectrum of related industries and disciplines, including:
Kelly Engineering Resources employees work more than 6 million hours in positions ranging from chemical engineers to robotic technicians to R&D specialists to AutoCAD® designers.
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year.
Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices.
Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
*According to “The Emerging New Workforce,” a 2009 report by Littler Mendelson, P.C., an employment and Labor Law solution firm.
View the full profile