If you are an Electrician looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Racine, Wisconsin location, you will provide functional support to install and maintain electrical work on plant electrical systems and equipment. Responsibilities include work on substations, wiring circuits, distribution centers, control panels, electronic devices, etc. Work hours consist of a rotating 10-hr shift with 8 days on, 6 days off. This may require presence at the facility during weekends and holidays.
AS AN ELECTRICIAN, YOU WILL:
Additional Benefits Include:
- 12.5% shift premium immediately upon beginning 10-hr shift
- Overtime pay for all hours worked over the standard 40 hours during a single week
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave after 30 days
- 3 weeks paid vacation (pro-rated the 1st year)
- Profit Sharing & 401K
- Install and maintain electrical work on plant electrical systems and equipment with minimum supervision, using a broad knowledge of applied trade practices and technique. The use of ladders, raised platforms, caged lifts, and manual climbing on equipment at various heights up to and including 35 feet is required.
- Plan, layout and install complex wiring circuits and distribution centers in conformance with established codes, install switches and controls, central subsidiary control panels, electronic devices and all other duties incidental to installation.
- Maintain substation; diagnose and remedy all electrical, electronic and mechanical troubles.
- Work from wiring, hydraulic, pneumatic schematic drawings and code book.
- Use all electrical measuring and testing devices.
- May direct and layout work for electricians of lower classification.
- Work from general assignments and complete projects with little or no direct supervision.
- Complete all required paperwork, quality records, documents, etc.
- Comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards, and clean/restock area at end of shift.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- This position requires knowledge of electricity, electrical principles and practices, electrical circuits and controls, and electronic devices; this knowledge is usually acquired through formal technical training supplemented by an accredited journeyman apprenticeship, plus four to five years of experience in diversified electrical operations; additional work experience may substitute for accredited journeyman status
- Employee must be able to perform maintenance duties in full range of entire plant facility.
- State of Wisconsin (WI) electrical license required; candidates with electrical experience without a WI license must acquire a license within six (6) months of the first date of employment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. [ Link removed ]
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: [ Link removed ] .
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life. Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.
- Circuit Switches
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Control Panels
- Electrical Systems