Apex Systems is supporting one of our top clients in the Cleveland area looking to add a Systems Administrator to their team. This individual will receive extensive training on the client’s products, processes and applications. Our client is looking for individuals with strong communication and time management skills, strict attention to detail, and who are not afraid to ask lots of questions.Please send resumes to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Systems Administrator and apply directly to this posting
- Experience using Progress Database
- Configure, maintain and support applications using Progress and Linux data center equipment in an environment requiring 24 X 7 uptime.
- Manage and maintain data backups for SQL databases.
- Install new software releases and system upgrades.
- Monitor, manage and resolve client escalations.
- Troubleshoot components of systems relying on proven techniques for IT data center analysis and evaluation.
- Follow change management procedures.
- Create, update, audit and modify Data Center documentation as required.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Experience with using SQL query expressions to diagnose or resolve routine issues.
- Experience with Progress
- Experience working with Linux
- Proficiency in server, storage and virtualization standards, techniques and tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Windows scripting (PowerShell) is a plus.
- Knowledge of SaaS models and large-scale, distributed web architectures utilizing SaaS technologies is a plus.
- Experience with API configuration and troubleshooting is a plus.
- Experience with SFTP and AKS (Azure Kubernetes Services) big plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at
Server (Computer Science)
Software As A Services
Complex Problem Solving