SENIOR FIELD CONTROLS ENGINEER - CONTROLS AND BUILDING AUTOMATION
Powercor Services is the engineering, controls, and automation subsidiary of MKD Electric, a national industrial electrical contracting company. Our experienced controls and engineering consultants are ready to support organizations providing best-in-class services in system design, electrical engineering, systems integration, commissioning support, and retrofit services.
With decades of cumulative experience in the electrical services industry, Powercor ensures our customers' environments are established and maintained in a manner that is reliable and consistent. In addition, we possess the expertise and knowledge of a management and leadership team experienced at operating and growing successful businesses.
Now a division of MKD Electric, Powercor is continuing our work in excellence and dedication to serving our customers through industry-leading electrical and engineering capabilities. As we continue to grow and expand, we're looking for the best and brightest minds to help us continue our path forward.Position Responsibilities:
- Provide high-level technical service to all customers, to include engineering support, assist with network topology planning and system controls design functionality.
- Provide customer support and work with the project engineers, other system engineers, end-users, to assist in developing cost effective methods for an efficient SCADA controls design and system solution. Work with essential/key team members to understand their systems requirements to ensure the correct IP infrastructure, points list, critical alarms, and scaling set points are integrated as designed.
- Knowledge/understanding of HMI system integration concepts and SCADA applications.
- Update company BMS/EPMS standards, specifications, management, philosophies, duties, and responsibilities.
- Work on construction sites, assisting the site controls engineer with BMS system deployments, validations of design and installation, PLC code development & deployment, ventilation, chiller plant alarming, monitoring of feedback associated with valves, fans and controls associated with BMS system and integration.
- Knowledge of SCADA, BMS, and PLC systems and low voltage controls systems and how they operate within the BMS/EPMS umbrella.
- Assist in validating BMS system sequences of operation and alarm points. Validate and provide CX support for system testing and point to point verifications during levels 1 through 5 commissioning.
- Develop and implement QA procedures to ensure quality control performed by others is properly implemented throughout projects.
- Write detailed daily reports pertaining to jobsite milestones related to mechanical engineers and integration on BMS projects.
- Develop ISA data sheets for temperature, level, flow, and pressure transmitter/sensors, along with control valves, positioners, and other types of mechanical instrumentation.
- Perform inspections, testing and commission facility monitoring systems.
- Be willing and able to run a BMS field team.
- Coordinate project work internally within the department and externally with other departments to ensure all projects are completed on time and within budget.
- B.S. in an engineering-related discipline (preferred in mechanical or electrical engineering) or 5 years of field experience.
- Field service experience, preferably with the following programs/software: Rockwell Factory Talk; Tridium; Schneider Electric: Powerlogic/Struxureware; Siemens: Apogee; Ignition: Inductive Automation; Eaton Networks; Field Servers; Jace Controllers; Bacnet; Niagara.
- Minimum 2 years of system integration experience working in a role as a team lead or project manager.
- Ignition certification is a plus.
- Experience in the mission critical data center sector is highly valued.
- Must have a working knowledge with MQTT-Sequel Server-Ignition core protocols.
- Knowledge and experience with the Power User Level of Windows and the associated skillset.
- Understand electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams, control diagrams, prints, MOP-building operations, understanding of electrical theory, chiller control circuits and industrial HVAC systems.
- Solid foundation of all communication protocols-Modbus, Modbus-TCP, etc.
- Must have excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be organized, and have good problem-solving skills.
- Able to manage large scale controls projects, specifications, track project schedules, and customer requirements.
- Customer Service
- Data Centers