The General Laborer is responsible for sorting materials (pallets, reusable plastic containers and boxes) and other miscellaneous duties throughout the distribution center. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, achieving expected production requirements, while maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Hand stacking materials appropriately and following instructions
- Loading and unloading materials by hand
- Moving materials on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
- Checking loads to make sure they are secure
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
- Ability to maintain Relogistics efficiency and performance standards of production
- Must maintain a clean & safe working environment
- Must be accountable for achieving Relogistics results while maintaining Relogistics Core Values and Safety Standards
Education and/or Experience
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- Follow instructions for keeping records
- Ability to work overtime and work flexible schedules/shifts
- Able to pass a background check and drug screen
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in extreme conditions to include, but not limited to, elements, heat, cold, and air particulate
- Repetitively lift up to 50-75 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for entire shifts of varying lengths in time
- The employee is frequently required to sit, talk hear, walk and use hands to handle, feel and reach.
- The noise level in the work environment is dependent on location.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required (eye protection, ear protection is mandatory at several locations, safety shoes)
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision and color vision.
- Must have a good sense of balance & good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, AD&D and Short-Term & Long-Term Disability insurance after waiting period
Relogistics Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Quality Management