For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer based out of Florham Park, NJ.
The Senior Engineer who has responsibility for design, improvements, testing, analysis, and performance verifications of mechanical components used in company’s products. This position requires a senior level technical and professional competence in mechanical design, and is expected to resolve technical problems. This position is responsible for engineering documentation including cad models, drawings, calculations, test reports, bills of materials, engineering change orders, and other engineering documents. This position is responsible for the quality and on-time delivery of assigned engineering tasks.
- Works with guidance from engineering manager.
- Relies on comprehensive knowledge of engineering fundamentals to accomplish a variety of engineering tasks.
- Applies knowledge of 3D CAD and FEA.
- Applies knowledge of material properties, machine components, statics and dynamics.
- Applies drawing standards and industry best practices in design for manufacturing.
- Provides assembly support, as required, to fabricate prototypes and test articles in house.
- Reviews product designs for compliance with engineering principles, UL and NEC standards, customer requirements and other applicable specifications.
- Writes test plans, test procedures, and test reports to support development, validation, and qualification testing.
- Travels as required to manufacturing plants, suppliers, and occasional customer forensic work.
- Continues education in job related subjects, attends seminars and conferences.
- Provides daily and weekly reports on status of design activities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with internal team members and external customers.
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to analyze and articulate technical problems.
- Keen ability to continuously and objectively critique designs for commercially marketable results.
- Ability to acquire state of the art industry knowledge as related to company’s products.
- Competent knowledge of fundamentals and practice of engineering.
- Knowledge of finite element analysis (FEA) and results assessment.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, solid modeling using PTC or a related software.
- Knowledge of MS Office application including Word, Excel and Project.
- Capable of estimating labor and materials costs for product and development projects.
- Able to resolve team conflict and motivate to achieve goals.
- Appreciation for cross-functional team NPD.
- Domestic and international air travel is required.
- Comfortable and adept at managing design uncertainty.
- Proactive and solutions oriented, with ability to learn and try different things with minimal direction.
- Track record of successful and timely task completion.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related subject from four-year college with at least 5 years of experience complementary to low voltage switchgear design.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
3 D Modeling
Computer Aided Design