To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Principal Analyst, Healthcare
Advantasure • Richmond, VA
Posted 1 month ago
The Principal Analyst is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, implementation, and leading department assignments. This position operates within broad objectives to ensure optimum utilization of manpower and budget. This role researches, compiles, and analyzes appropriate and relevant data to identify opportunities to recommend and drive executionof process efficiencies in assigned business units to achieve targeted levels of improvement in key operational performance metrics.
- Leads and develops team members which may include direct reports.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of multiple concurrent projects/programs that encompass business process design and improvement.
- Supports various initiatives in requirements definition, documentation of current and future state business capabilities, process development, process flows, training, and internal/external communications.
- Performs process verification/validation audits and presents findings and actionable recommendations.
- Designs performance feedback systems to assess the resolution of business process deficiencies and installs appropriate controls.
- Accountable for supporting business teams to identify and deliver significant and quantifiable business improvements through the application of lean, six sigma, and/or other process improvement methodologies.
- Provides expertise in analytical methodology, including data analysis, used to facilitate data driven decision making, including the collection and monitoring of metrics used to assess, prioritize, and select improvement projects.
- Benchmarks industry best practices to measure organization position.
- Consults, develops, and ensures compliance in the use of competitive production and performance standards.
- Initiates and leads problem solving efforts working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads in the research, analysis, identification, and evaluation of data from assigned problems to evaluate existing and potential trends and issues.
- Possesses and maintains an extensive comprehensive knowledge of Advantasure business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles/methodologies.
- Manages and monitors multiple projects simultaneously by establishing project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
- Develops lines of communication to discuss/review results of analysis to management via reports/presentations and assists management in implementing programs that provide solutions.
- Investigates, reviews, recommends, communicates, and implements solutions which identify problems/root cause of issues.
- Identifies and resolves challenges in order to fulfill key corporate objectives and responds to the demands of change management and initiates actions needed to plan, organize, and control team activities.
- Independently develops and plans reports, papers, and/or other materials in a clear and concise manner.
- Provides expertise and guidance to unit and corporate staff as required.
- Acts as a liaison between corporate business areas and participates in group or committee discussions.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Health Care, Information Systems, Statistics, Public Health, Epidemiology, or a related field. Master's degree in a related field is preferred. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
Seven years experience in a related field, typically in two subject areas (e.g. process improvement, project planning, health care economics, health care policy, statistical modeling, business decisions, analysis, or business management).
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Excellent analytical, planning, problem solving, verbal, and written skills to communicate complex ideas.
- Strong knowledge of data languages such as SAS and SQL
- Ability to work independently, within a team environment, and communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
- Formal training in Lean and Six Sigma performance improvement methodologies (Green Belt or Black Belt certification) a plus.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to effectively multi task in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Ability to lead and facilitate cross functional team meetings.
- Working knowledge of project management disciplines and methods.
- Excellent knowledge and use of existing software packages (Visio, Minitab, Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Knowledge of Medicare Advantage Stars and/or HEDIS a plus
- Working knowledge of healthcare data
- Ability to understand and apply statistical inference.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.