WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at URL blocked - click to apply.
Shipping Clerk-Hendersonville, NC
200 Tabor Rd
East Flat Rock, North Carolina, 28726,United States
WestRock Hendersonville is looking for two shipping clerks with 5-7 years’ experience in logistics. The successful candidate will provide excellent customer service to both internal & external customers by filling orders promptly and accurately. They will ensure that the customer’s expectations of an on-time delivery are met by determining the best method of shipping. WestRock provides competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a great company culture that encourages growth and advancement.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Ensures orders meet requirements for shipping accuracy and guidelines for customer satisfaction.
- Follows all SOPs and work instructions.
- Performs all job duties in accordance with safety rules.
- Accurately records material counts to be shipped.
- Accurately processes shipping documents including but not limited to packing lists, customs forms, C.O.D's and parcel airway bills from various carriers.
- Prepares UPS/FedEx orders for shipment including all associated paperwork, recordkeeping, and labeling.
- Tracks shipments from various carriers via telephone and internet to obtain delivery information for customer service.
- Ensures all documentation is legible and accurate.
- Customizes cartons/skids for customer specific needs.
- Skid packs items for shipment.
- Responsible for scheduling outbound trucks.
- Completes necessary filing of departmental shipping documents.
- Records and communicates orders ready for customer pick-up to customer service.
- Arranges less than truck load (LTL) pick-ups for customer returns.
- Operates the scale and skid wrapper.
- Operates fork trucks as needed.
- Develops problem solving initiatives for work flow and efficiency improvements.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Maintains a basic knowledge of operations and procedures for the receiving of materials into the warehouse
- Completes training and maintains license for Fork Lift.
- Prepares for and facilitates physical inventory process.
- Researches and resolves inventory discrepancies.
- Ensures that materials are issued to appropriate jobs.
- Conducts cycle counts.
- Ensures inventory accuracy for all raw material, WIP, parts, and finished goods.
- Assists in scheduling outbound shipments.
- Must be able to answer the telephone and provide information/assistance to customers.
• Must have knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including, but not limited to telephone communication, office systems and record keeping.
What you need to succeed:
- 5-7 Years of related experience and/or training preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have good communications skills.
- Must have the ability to operate a label machine.
- Must have the ability to operate the FedEx and UPS meter machines.
- Must be capable of maintaining good attendance.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed including weekends.
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to communicate with other departments in an accurate and timely manner with information on order status and deliveries.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Packaging And Labeling