To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Britain, CT 06051
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Director, Emergency Services
Hartford Healthcare Corporation • New Britain, CT
Posted 1 month ago
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Senior Director of Emergency Services is responsible for key strategic responsibilities as well as day to day operations within the three Central Region Emergency Departments: MidState Medical Center, New Britain General, and Bradley Memorial. This leader works collaboratively to develop an integrated system-wide Emergency Services Service Line, adoption of system standards of care, quality and all activities related to building a sustainable, meaningful relationship with local EMS, police and fire departments. Successful candidates will be experienced healthcare leaders with strong business acumen with proven success in navigating Physician and/or Nursing landscapes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the daily operations of the Emergency Departments including oversight of all staff working within the department, management of facilities, and contracted physician groups.
- Partners with the Regional Medical Director to ensure physician stakeholders are aligned with the goals of the department and organization
- Cultivates relationship and outreach to Emergency Medical Services.
- Develops and manages operational budget, evaluation of capital needs, purchasing of equipment and oversight of financial performance.
- Ensures proper billing, coding, and reimbursement for services rendered.
- Creates and manages quality-improvement initiatives across service sites.
- In partnership with key personnel, hospital administrative teams, and physicians, develops strategies, promotes operational standards, and ensures that emergency services are coordinated across the service sites.
- Manages service line quality (clinical outcomes, satisfaction, etc.)
- Manages the continuum of care process by partnering with relevant stakeholders and regularly analyzing key performance indicators.
- Master's Degree in related field required, Master’s degree in Health Administration, Business, or Nursing preferred
- Five years of progressive healthcare management experience required
- Experience leading large and complex departments, systems, or organizations is preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency building and leading teams, including making difficult decisions and having courageous conversations
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with nursing professionals and physicians in complex clinical settings
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.