Requisition ID: 128499
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Does the chance to change a skyline excite you? Do you consider yourself a high performer? Creative? Committed to high-quality work? Is adventure your middle name? If so, you may have a future in design engineering at Kiewit! We’re known for creating innovative, world-class building projects throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico — many are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities you won’t find anywhere else. How do we do it? We hire only the best and we employ them to do career-defining work that changes the landscape in communities around the world. You bring your talent, skills, and drive to succeed. We’ll provide the training, on-the-job experience and responsibility from day one that will shape your professional growth. Let’s go!
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
We are a high performing team of engineers and designers that develop projects through the project life-cycle engaging exciting projects throughout North America. Our staff leads the power markets engineering process and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
• Evaluate, select, and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to design the conceptual of large power projects.
• Formulate technical specifications and prepare interface points with construction partners. Schedule, review, and coordinate design efforts with other project personnel, performing bid evaluations of equipment and construction proposals and developing recommendations for contract award.
• Prepare electrical engineer designs, including layout, design schematics, calculations and conceptual design; utilizing standard methods and project principles.
• Mentor and guide junior engineers, maintaining a comprehensive understanding of departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit guidelines, providing suggestions and recommendations as needed.
• Work as a part of a large project team including both in-house inter-discipline engineers and construction superintendents to provide our Clients the industry’s best of both engineering and physical design.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited four-year college or university and EIT license
• At least 3 years’ experience performing power engineering related duties
• Familiar with basic computer operation, and should have had at least introductory computer programming courses as well as the ability to use electrical department design software tools
• Experience in field construction or startup power plant work and previous experience directing junior engineers is desirable
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Conceptual Design
- Energy Production
- Hardworking And Dedicated