Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Plans and implements specific treatment programs for individual patients according to principles and practices of physical therapy. Collaborates with an interdisciplinary treatment team. Provides direction and supervision to Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants and Rehab Techs in the area of patient care.
* Performs appropriate initial physical therapy evaluations and re-evaluations, and designs a physical therapy plan of care
* Demonstrates working knowledge of diagnoses/conditions seen in physical therapy
* Selects, performs, and interprets the results of PT examinations of neurological, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, and pulmonary systems
* Accurately performs and interprets standardized evaluations appropriate for the patient
* Identifies actual or potential problems that would impact the PT treatment plan as well as the overall patient plan of care
* Establishes specific treatment goals based on the results of the initial assessment
* Designs the treatment plan appropriate for the patient's age, educational level, and cultural background
* Designs a plan of intervention that is coordinated and integrated with other services
* Revises the treatment plan as indicated
* Implements and manages a specific and comprehensive treatment plan, and participates in patient discharge planning
* Demonstrates working knowledge of various Physical Therapy techniques with flexibility and creativity in the implementation of these therapy techniques
* Interacts regularly with others involved in the patient's care to incorporate an interdisciplinary treatment approach for coordinated quality care
* Demonstrates awareness and use of proper safety measures regarding the patients, others in the treatment area and self
* Reassesses patient status in response to treatments and goal achievement, redefines problems and modifies goals and treatments as indicated
* Provides information regarding discharge and follow-up services as indicated which may include a referral to other community resources
* Actively participates in patient and family education process
* Provides education and training to patients, families, and caregivers regarding diagnoses, progress, and long-term functional outcomes
* Teaches, counsels, and communicates with the patient/family/caregivier educational information related to the patients diagnosis/condition
* Provides educational material to patients/families as indicated
* Complies with departmental policies for documentation
* Documentation is in compliance with the chart review audit components
* Documents all aspects of assessment, planning, treatment, and discharge in the medical record in a legible and timely manner
* Long-term and short-term goals are appropriate and measurable within a specified time frame
* Treatment notes are clear, succinct, and contain information regarding treatment progression
* Appropriate abbreviations and medical terminology are utilized
* Meets the team / department productivity standards
* Complies with established standards of efficient scheduling to maintain appropriate levels of productivity
* Assists with supervision/mentorship to Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants
* Exercises sound judgment in delegating task to Physical Therapy Assistants and Rehab Techs
* Provides feedback on performance in a professional, tactful and beneficial manner
* Department and team responsibilities
* Completes assignments in a timely and thorough manner.
* Assists with care and maintenance of departmental equipment and supplies
* Completes charge/productivity sheet and gives to person responsible for entering charges in an accurate and timely manner
* Demonstrates willingness to assist and is respectful of the rights of other team members.
* Complies with department policies and procedures.
* Achieves annual goals
* Establishes annual goals with manager
* Provides supporting information related to the progress made toward achieving established annual goals
* Conscientiously seeks consultation or supervision
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy
Experience: No previous experience required
South Carolina Physical Therapy Licensure from the Board of PT Examiners (Lawson Code CLPT)
Day (United States of America)
1573 Tuomey Acute Rehabilitation - Payroll Only
15737370 Physical Therapy
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Health Care