You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
On-call Personal Care Attendant
Must be willing to travel throughout the city of Philadelphia. Must be willing to work last minute fill-in positions.
Necessary Equipment and Access:
Personal computer (Microsoft Office Suite, Internal CIL and external Payer systems), telephone, photocopier, fax machine, desk, chair and file cabinet
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Work is performed remotely (100%). Employee may be asked to attend meetings outside of the primary worksite. This position has physical requirements which may include but are not limited to:
- The operation of basic office equipment such as a copier, fax machine, computer, keyboard, calculator, telephone;
- The ability to frequently sit, stand, bend, lift, carry, push and pull (20 lbs.) with or without reasonable accommodations to perform the essential responsibilities of the position;
- Local travel is required and mandatory.
- Liberty Resources Home Choices will make prearranged on-site inspections of my remote work site during scheduled work hours.
- Provides consumer’s personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding consumers as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning consumers.
- Provides consumer comfort by utilizing resources and materials.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures.
- Protects organization's value by keeping consumer information confidential.
- Serves and protects Liberty Resources Home Choices by adhering to professional standards, agency policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations; maintaining licensure.
- Enhances Liberty Resources Home Choices reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Perform all of duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Minimum three years of related experience. Computer literate, particularly in Excel and Word. Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Strong organizational skills. Detail oriented. Must be able to perform well with problem solving and conflict resolution. 100% local travel in the field in Philadelphia and its surrounding counties, consisting primarily of home visits. Personal life experience/history relevant to the position is acceptable as a substitute for education and/or work experiences.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to deal with differing and difficult personalities on a daily basis. Must have ability to interact with people on all levels of the organization in a professional manner.
- Must have effective and professional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must have proven organizational skills. Must be able to independently prioritize.
- Consumer Interaction: must be able to maintain positive interactions with consumers, their families and Attendants. Must uphold the Independent Living Philosophy.
- Appropriate confidentiality of consumer information is required at all times.
- Demonstrates personal integrity, credibility and flexibility within the scope of the job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates understanding and endorsement of Independent Living Philosophy and support of Liberty Resources, Inc. mission, vision and goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize a wide range of appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities to achieve desired outcomes within the scope of the job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand, interpret, and uphold Center policies.
- Demonstrates the ability to accept diversity in others and to treat all individuals with respect.
- Demonstrates the ability to evaluate options, make decisions and accept accountability within the scope of job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates the ability and initiative to resolve potential or actual problems effectively and diplomatically.
- Demonstrates the ability to participate as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn through the supervisory process.
- Demonstrates the ability to incorporate new knowledge and skills into work performance within the scope of the job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and manage own workloads and priorities.
- Demonstrates the ability to collect, retrieve and manipulate computerized data.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide supervisory leadership and support for attendants of assigned consumers.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities and functions of the position.
Liberty Resources, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and makes reasonable accommodations for Persons with Disabilities.
- Activities Of Daily Living (Ad Ls)
- Attention To Detail
- Computer Keyboards
- Computer Literacy
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 68vn8dxqtexa2u3aa3iybvn3k
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.