As a Subcontract Manager on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will negotiate and manage subcontract terms and conditions for products and materials for the project.
The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of Flatiron, Dragados USA and VINCI has been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build project –the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45’ diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
- Negotiates commercial terms and conditions with subcontractors while consulting with legal department and senior management.
- Manages the qualification and evaluation process for subcontractors.
- Communicates and enforces procurement policies and procedures to the district and project teams.
- Manages the maintenance of records of goods ordered and received; oversees all Accounts Payable reconciliation.
- Maintains professional relationships internally and externally.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain or Construction Management required.
- 5+ years’ experience in negotiation, contract management or construction purchasing required.
- 5+ years' experience in construction claims required.
- Proven ability to negotiate contracts.
- Strong financial acumen with accounting and finance knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and database utilization. JD Edwards E1 World experience is a plus.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Able to identify, track and communicate project plan steps and actions.
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet fixed deadlines, goals and objectives.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
- Construction Management
- Contract Management