Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Director is responsible for effectively leading and directing the work of assigned staff within the parameters of designated performance standards and metrics. The Director is expected to support Patient Access leadership and to motivate staff to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction and to meet the organization goals for customer service and financial performance. The Director is responsible to ensure the department meets key metrics established by the client and sets targets to meet and exceed performance standards. This position leads the team through the change management process and focuses to identify gaps within registration to improve deficiencies where opportunity exists. This role serves as a representative of the corporate Patient Access Revenue Cycle Operations department. The Director works to build relationships with client administration and works in tandem with local leadership to interact with other departments including internal customers within the revenue cycle team. The incumbent attends managerial meetings as required and supports the core values of Optum360, which is an integral part of this position. Although this position is primarily focused upon the provision of service at the Facility (Hospital and/or Clinics), the position has frequent contact with the Regional Patient Registration Directors and the Corporate Patient Registration Directors and Managers, as well as facility-based clinical and administrative leadership.
SIGNING BONUSES AVAILABLE FOR QUALIFIED HIRES
Positions in this function include those responsible for management and administration of multiple functions, or management of general business operations. May manage the P&L of a business or part of a business unit. Manage daily operations of multiple levels of staff and multiple functions/departments across one or more business units. May include day to day site operations, management leadership internal and external to organization, accountable for financial and non-financial results (budgets and actuals). Project management and implementation, staff management. Manages and is accountable for professional employees and/or supervisors. Impact of work is most often at the local level.
- Provides system level oversight for Optum360 client improvement programs and initiatives related to assigned Patient Access activities, working with the Regional Patient Registration Directors and other Patient Access leaders, Facility administration and leadership, and others from the Optum360 team, as warranted
- Effectively leads initiatives related to Data Integrity (System Edit Reviews, DNFB performance, etc.), Quality Assurance, Patient Satisfaction, Employee Engagement and Process Improvement activities; ensuring associate understanding and commitment, as well as expected process improvement outcomes. Develops action plans to mitigate deficiencies in performance to maintain or exceed targets
- Communications (i.e., Patient Access Newsletters, CFO Presentations, Monthly Operational Reports, etc.)
- Leads by example: promotes teamwork and operational relationships by fostering a positive, transparent and focused working environment which achieves maximum results. Facilitates growth and development opportunities for their leaders and mentors when applicable to foster exemplary leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in a supervisory/management role, specifically within Patient Registration, physician’s office, health insurance company, or revenue cycle vendor
- 2+ years of experience in program management and/or process improvement
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, ability to create and present PowerPoint slide decks)
- Experience interpreting 3rd party payer contract requirements and recommending, designing and implementing procedures for compliance with regulations and standards
- Operational knowledge of Federal and State regulations pertaining to patient admissions, as well as standards from regulatory agencies and accrediting organizations (DHS, HCFA, OSHA, TJC)
- Demonstrated client service orientation
- Experience influencing change and serving as primary change agent
- Excellent organizational skills (ability to multi-task, produce rapid turnaround, and manage multiple projects)
- Experience with leadership and business driver skills (ability to make hard decisions focusing upon operational goals)
- Experience operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment that encourages change engagement and participation, and open dialogue
- Experience working within the organization at all levels utilizing a very “hands-on” approach to creating value and buy-ins as the lead change facilitator
- Experience attracting, developing, deploying and retaining a world‑class revenue cycle team, capable of performing as a team and of evolving with the organization’s vision and with cutting‑edge technologies
- Experience working with a variety of individuals in executive, managerial and staff level positions. You will frequently interact with staff at the Corporate/National, Regional and Local organizations. May also interact with external parties, such as financial auditors, third party payer auditors, consultants, and various hospital associations
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor’s degree
- HFMA (Healthcare Financial Mgmt Assoc.) or NAHAM (National Assoc. Healthcare Access Mgmt) certification
- Experience with large Patient Access-related IT and/or Contact Center program implementations
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director Patient Access, Stockton, CA, California