Calgon Carbon | A Kuraray Company currently has an opportunity where you can be a part of our growing team as we provide our customers outstanding products that make the air we breathe and the water we use safe for generations to come.
Position: Welder II
Location: Neville Island Equipment and Assembly facility - Pittsburgh, PA
$24.00 to start with a wage step progression plan
Eligibility to receive a $500 new hire retention bonus after 6-months
Excellent Benefits: Medical, dental, prescription, vision and retirement savings (401k)
As a Welder you will be responsible for executing weld procedures to meet CCC standards, using materials such as carbon steel, stainless steel and various other nickel-based alloys.
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Inspecting own work to ensure compliance to drawings and weld procedures and making repairs if needed
- Back-gouging using carbon-air-arc or plasma for full penetration welds
- Working from drawings/sketches to determine weld size, weld location and weld process
- Completing ASME code weld log documentation daily
Specific qualifications for this technology welding role include:
- A High School diploma or Trade School certification is required
- 2 years of experience welding on pressure vessels and FCAW welding process is required
- CCC procedures certification
- Capability to obtain ASME section 9 in GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW certification while Employed
- Schedule flexibility to work in rotating shifts
- Ability to pass an AWS vertical plate weld testing using FCAW process and proven experience
- 1-2 years of experience with submerged arc welding, a plus
Calgon Carbon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
VEVRRA Federal Contractor