At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As an EY Private Tax Senior Manager, with a focus on cross border tax needs of high net worth individuals and their affiliated entities, you will apply your tax knowledge across a wide range of tax topics and processes, devising elegant outcomes to some of the most complex challenges around. You’ll work with some of the world’s most successful private clients and businesses, and in return you can expect an incredible range of projects and responsibilities that will support your career growth.
EY Private is a growing practice within the organization, and you'll see that growth reflected in your career. With a diverse portfolio of interesting and challenging work, you'll make an impact on some of the most technically demanding tax planning projects around. You'll be part of a growing global team, activing as a key point of contact for a wide range of clients and collegues. This is an opportunity for cross-border and cross-functional teaming. In returen, you can expect plenty of support designed with your own personal skills and experience. EY is a dynamic place to develop not only your technical tax knowledge, but also your professional leadership and business acumen.
Your key responsibilities
Depending on your unique skills and ambitions, you could be managing various responsibilities, from technical planning and advising of clients that include high-profile individuals of extremely high net worth, and expectations to match. That will make you a trusted advisor and role model for our people across multiple teams, making this a great place to develop a diverse network of collaborative colleagues. Whatever you find yourself doing, you’ll personally coach and develop a highly trained team, all while handling activities with a focus on quality and commercial value. You’ll also be responsible for identifying additional services to provide to our clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Collaborate daily with our Global EY Private network and International Tax & Transactions Services desk network.
- Support our Private regional teams with relevant tax analysis and address new trends/market opportunities.
- Work closely with rotators from our domestic regions, individuals on rotation from foreign affiliated firms, and our global deployment services team
- Explain issues related to controlled foreign corporations and passive foreign investment companies
- Application of foreign tax treaties and foreign tax credits
- Experience preparing or advising on domestic income and transfer tax and/or U.S. international informational returns (Forms 706, 709, 5471, 8858, 8865, 1040, 1041, 1065, 3520, 3520A)
- Team members with a compliance focus: prepare or review US federal and state tax returns for high net worth individual US citizens living abroad, US residents holding non US assets, or foreign nationals holding US assets. This role includes the preparation and review of the foreign info reporting requirements for cross border tax compliance such as foreign corporations, foreign partnerships, foreign disregarded entities and foreign trusts. Experience with relevant tax processing programs.
- Team members with an advisory focus: Design pre-immigration tax plans
- Classification of trusts for US tax purposes, and review of forms 3520
- Assist with US exit planning
- Form the US tax piece of multi-jurisdictional inheritance/succession, including the use of trusts, both domestic and foreign
- Identifying foreign reporting obligations
- Prepare tax memorandums and opinions
- Translating complex data from a range of sources into client-ready insights and deliverables
- Building effective long-term relationships with our clients, understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service
- Communicating complex tax issues to non-tax professionals and clients
- Maintaining your reputation in your field by constantly updating and sharing your technical and finest practice knowledge
- An appreciation of world affairs, cultures and protecting financial security.
- Identifying and reacting to risks and opportunities to improve our services and processes
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in a related field, supported by significant tax and a CPA certification or membership in The Bar; Minimum of 8 years of work experience in professional services or professional tax organization
- A thorough understanding of estate and wealth planning; as well as experience with federal and state personal and trust income tax
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills, and the confidence to challenge senior colleagues and stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds
- A thorough understanding of automated tax processing systems and laws within your area of technical professionalism
- Experience managing budgets and projects
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A proven record in high net-worth tax planning
- A proven record in a professional services environment
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
- Executive presence and business development skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- The ability to adapt your work style to work with both internal and client team members
What we look for
We’re interested in tax professionals with a genuine interest in providing outstanding services to some of the world’s most influential people. Working with people from all backgrounds, from executives and entrepreneurs to investors and families, you’ll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $114,700 to $261,900. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $137,600 to $297,600. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to National - Private Cross Border Senior Tax Manager - Open Location FY23.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Development
- Coaching And Mentoring