To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1125 North College Avenue
Fayetteville, AR 72703
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Access Coordinator III
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences • Fayetteville, AR
Posted 2 months ago
The Access Coordinator is responsible for greeting patients and visitors and assisting them as needed. Directs patients on check-in procedures and maintains a timely patient work flow.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experienceResponsibilities
- Informs the patients of check-in procedures and maintains timely patient flow.
- Checks the Practice Management system to make sure appropriate forms have been updated, signed and scanned into the system.
- Checks the EMR for a current photo and takes a photo if no picture is on file or if picture is outdated.
- Obtains current copies of insurance cards; updates insurance information in the patient record; scans them into the PM system and gives a copy of the card to the Insurance Coordinator to verify benefits and coverage.
- Checks Practice Management system to make sure the patient has no outstanding bills and does not need to talk to the financial counselor or any other department before checking in for their appointment.
- Collects patient co-pays, deposits and outstanding balances as required.
- Checks in the EMR to make sure that patients arriving for laboratory work have their orders entered. If orders are entered the Access Coordinator will print off a patient registration form and send the patient back to the lab. If the orders have not been entered, the Access Coordinator will have the patient wait in the lobby until orders are entered into the EMR system. The Access Coordinator at this time will contact the nurse regarding the orders.
- Checks out patients subsequent to release from exam room-marks “checked out” and schedules follow up appointment.
- Identifies DNKA patients and mails letters notifying them of charges and the practice policy regarding possible dismissal.
- Compiles the contents of New Patient packets to mail to patients.
- Verifies all insurance & Medicaid eligibility each morning for every patient appointment and enters the information to validate that coverage is active on that date of service.
- Prints schedule report to retain for the next day in case of computer problems.
- Works with patients on setting up portal access.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma/GED PLUS 3 years of experience in a high volume medical/clinic setting.
- Intermediate computer program proficiency.
- Must complete a Marshallese cultural competency class after hire.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Frequently
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 51 - 99 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Frequently
Taste or smell: Frequently
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Frequently
Physical Environment: Inside Medical Facility Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
Hazards: Biological, Chemical