Top reasons to work at Bimbo Bakeries USA:
- Competitive pay starting at $12.35 per hour
- Vacation Eligible
- Holiday Pay Eligible
- Union pension for retirement
- BBU specific wellness program available to participate in
Wellness Incentives Include:
- Access to Amazon gift cards for participation in BBU wellness program yearly
- Eligible for gym reimbursement yearly
The Retail Sales Associate attends to the customer's needs, handle cash and product. Assume responsibility for customer service, store presentation, cash and key controls as assigned by the Region Bakery Outlet Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains a safe working environment for customers and fellow associates
- Follows all safe working practices and procedures
- Greet customers, maintains awareness, and assists with customer needs
- Have a thorough understanding of product availability, ingredients and nutritional information
- Ensures superior customer service at all times
- Ensures fast, efficient check-out
- Handles cash and makes change accurately
- Assures that stock levels on the sales floor are maintained at all times
- Maintains product pricing, signage and coding on the sales floor
- Unloads trucks and check orders
- Maintains freezer product at a safe and acceptable level, if applicable
- Maintains a clean, neat work area including parking lot, carts, baskets and trash areas
- Participates in store physical inventory
- Participates in store team meetings and training
- Reacts to all business needs promptly and with a sense of urgency
- Answer the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner
- Communicates effectively with store management and fellow employees
- Other duties as assigned
Schedule Hiring for:
- Days/Shift: Sunday - Saturday; Days and Shift varies
- Hours: Scheduled up to 29 hours per week
The Ideal Qualifications of the Retail Sales Associate are:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- Has the ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Has the ability to lift/push/pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Possesses basic math, computer, and cash handing skills
- Good knowledge of general accounting principles
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Retail Sales Associate job
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: req10744
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
A leader in the baking industry, we are known for our category-leading brands, innovative products, freshness and quality. Our team of more than 27,000 U.S. associates operate bakeries across the United States to bring leading brands such as Arnold®, BallPark®, Bimbo®, Boboli®, Brownberry®, Entenmann's®, Francisco®, Freihofer's®, Marinela®, Oroweat®, Sara Lee®, Stroehmann®, Thomas'®, Mrs Baird’s ® and Tia Rosa® to customers and consumers in every city, town and village in America.
View the full profile
As bakers, every morning we rise to meet the opportunity to bake the freshest, highest-quality products, serve our customers and learn from one another. You can see our work, across America, every day. It is at breakfast tables, in children’s lunch boxes, and in kitchens at night, where families come together to share their evening. Our work is baked into life, every meal, every day.
It is because of our people that we have winning brands and exceptional products. We want you to bring your dedication and enthusiasm to work at Bimbo Bakeries USA!