Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Mid-Level Travel Specialist
Macfadden, now part of PAE, is seeking an International Travel Specialist supporting the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA). The Travel Specialist supports the office with travel support, including travel authorizations, country clearance, reservations, and vouchers.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for personnel.
- Ensure that all travel arrangements, documents and document processes are compliant.
- Strong sense of responsibility and a high customer service standard. Have a subject matter expert level of knowledge of the USAID travel regulations.
- Have a working knowledge of OFDA and USAID Financial system.
- Possess sound judgment and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Subject matter expert understanding of USAID Travel Regulations
- Provide support for travelers through all travel-related (i.e. hotel, air, and ground) reservations (domestic and international), acquiring visas, assisting with expenses.
- Assist in processing additional travel documentation, including security clearance verifications, international medical insurance and advance forms for travelers.
- Support the country clearance process, liaising with USAID Mission personnel to ensure clearance as needed.
- Prepare travel authorizations in accordance with the Agency's Travel Regulations. Obtain country clearances and assure appropriate accounting information is included on all Travel Authorizations (TAs). Coordinate with the traveler and with the USAID travel agent to provide the travel with a travel authorization and ticket receipt.
- E2 solutions subject matter expert - assist traveler with preparation, review and submission of travel voucher package; audit vouchers. Review voucher rejections and disallowments and make appropriate adjustments as necessary.
- Assist with the tracking and recovery of outstanding travel advances and monitoring travel voucher reimbursements. Report regularly to the M/FM to ensure all travel reimbursements are made in a timely manner to ensure that problems are resolved with minimal delay. Amend travel authorizations as required to upward adjust funds obligated;
- Provide Management/Financial Management (FM) with completed vouchers within four days of receiving them from the traveler.
- Meet with deploying personnel prior to departure to the field to ensure all necessary forms are completed related to cash advances and provide instructions/guidance on travel regulations.
- Process applications and requests for renewals of Diplomatic and Official passports for program-funded staff.
- Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships with administrative and financial personnel in USAID Missions, M/FM, regional financial management service centers, USAID Travel Office (M/AS/TT) and the Agency’s Travel Agent to facilitate the timely processing of requests and resolution of problems encountered;
- Maintain office travel budget and projected travel spreadsheet and provide travel report updates as requested;
- Submit Quarterly Travel report to M/FM
- Reviews expense reports for accuracy.
- Ensures proper travel guidelines are being followed by maintaining knowledge of all Federal, USAID, GSA and State Department and mission specific travel regulations and allowances.
- Lead travel de-obligation and de-commitment.
- Relocation travel authorization.
Administrative Support and Documentation Systems
- Ensure the maintenance of hard and electronic files and assist in maintaining tracking systems for travel related documents such as: travel authorizations, vouchers, scanned passports, photos, medical evacuation policy information, etc.;
- Provide reporting support, prepare correspondence and documents.
- Assist, support, and backstop, as needed, deployment coordination process.
- Provide a range of administrative tasks for personnel deployments.
- Provide travel and deployment briefing to incoming surge staff.
- Track vouchers sent to M/FM and follow-up with M/FM to ensure payments are made in a timely manner.
- Maintain project physical files and "real time" record of all current travelers and their itineraries
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of eight years of experience required with a Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of six years of experience with a Master’s Degree..
- Position requires the ability to work in high pressure situations occasionally exceeding normal business hours.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office programs.
- Excellent critical thinking and organizational skills
- Excellent understanding of US Government (USAID, State Department) travel policy and guidelines
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement