The Product Line Manager’s primary role is to develop, implement and maintain the global Weasler product and business strategies for Torque limiters. Responsibilities include market and competitive analysis, pricing and margin management, new product development, life cycle management, commercialization, go-to-market strategies, project management, sales support, product roadmaps and long term growth of the product line. This position works very closely with all functional departments to support opportunity pursuit and product development.
- Develop global strategic goals for the torque limiter product line
- Direct and develop the global product line strategic plan to prioritize and maximize company and product line profitability and investments.
- Project management of product line NPD projects, adhoc project management support of select inquiry projects
- Develop pricing strategies that meet regional market needs while supporting strategic portfolio offerings and company goals.
- Develop and integrate market product position (feature, benefit, value) for support of product design definitions.
- Conduct market studies, including VOC to understand new/adjacent market opportunities and assess viability
- Validate value propositions to differentiate product lines
- Analyze competitive landscape threats, opportunities and market and technology trends
- Analyze new product concept viability including sales volume, price, cost, margin and profit potential
- Direct and develop Go-to-Market strategy for assigned product lines
- Support the creation of the technology roadmap
- Support marketing campaigns, trade shows, brand and channel management
- Assist demand planning and forecasting activities including S&OP
- Strategic Analysis: Ability to develop and execute strategy that puts the business in a position to sustainably grow while outpacing competitive maneuvers
- Market Research: Ability to conduct both OEM and aftermarket research
- Project Management: Knowledge of project management techniques and project charters to maintain focus
- Portfolio Management: Understanding of product lifecycle management and decision making from product roadmaps
- Concept Development: Ability to generate and develop new and creative concepts based on Customer’s unmet needs
- Marketing Analytics: Ability to analyze data and make strategic decisions such as market segmentation, product positioning and demand forecasting
- Education Requirements: BS/BA degree in Business, Engineering, relative technical field or equivalent previous experience; MBA a plus
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Knowledgeable in mobile off highway products and applications
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or in a team environment and handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in and lead cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical and personal computing skills, specifically using Microsoft Office applications
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and internationally (≤ 25%)
Customer Relationship Management