To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Heartland Payment Systems • Portland, OR
Posted 3 days ago
Summary:Our Portland office is currently looking for an awesome team player who’s passionate about delivering exceptional customer experiences over the phone with small business owners across North America. Before jumping to conclusions, this is not a sales gig or your typical “call center” environment. It’s more about offering program support to our valued independent operators using our gift card solutions. You could say we’re looking for a hybrid of awesomeness with a uniquely blended skillset. Does the following describe you?
- Fearless: You possess the ability to jump into a potentially unknown customer support situation with a solution-oriented mind for each situation. No matter how trivial or seemingly mundane to others, you love to pay attention to the details. Don’t worry, you’ll always have a supportive team when stumped!
- Team player: As awesome as you are, you check your ego at the door and don’t take yourself too seriously. Instead, you bring a strategically creative spirit and willingness to pitch in that gets things done.
- Creative Craving: You enjoy working directly with customers over the phone, but you also have a creative side with a basic understanding of Adobe Creative suite for light design production work with gift card artwork.
The Customer Advocate role is to act as a central point of contact between sales professionals and customers of Heartland Commerce, a division of Global Payments, focused on gift cards and consumer engagement products. Primarily focused on helping small business owners reach the full potential of our programs to help them grow their business. A secondary function is to provide pre- and post-sales assistance to our sales professionals through both outbound and inbound calls and emails.
This role requires a high degree of flexibility, multi-tasking, and creative problem solving. It’s best suited for individuals who are passionate about customer service effectively communicating that information in versatile communication mediums within a integrated-team environment. The Customer Advocate works in close collaboration with our overall support team, product specialists and customers and is directly managed by the Manager of Customer Support.
What will you be doing?
Customer Support (80%)
o Maintain customer relationships after the sale of gift and loyalty services to small business
owners with professional and exceptional service
o Maintain records of all interactions with our clients
o Remain updated on product knowledge
o Seek opportunities to consistently learn and train
o Meet benchmark quotas to grow existing account retention
Creative Support (20%)
o Work as a liaison between business owners and designers to create a gift/reward card true to the business brand
o Able to remain organized and demonstrate a strong attention to detail and remain flexible through multiple revisions
o Make necessary edits to card art production files in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator as needed
What are the requirements?
- Minimum 1 year customer support/service experience
- Intermediate proficiency with Google Drive (Gmail, Sheets, Docs) or MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel,)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, telephone manner, personal contact
- CRM/Database knowledge or aptitude for systems
- Critical Thinking/Problem-Solving
- Ability to personalize every client experience with strong interpersonal skills over the phone
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, including the ability to organize and multi-task
- Outgoing, energetic, confident, caring and knowledgeable
- Enjoy working both independently and within a team under tight deadlines while remaining positive to feedback and adapting to change quickly
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to “check ego at the door” and pitch in across all areas when needed
- Be a team player with a great attitude that enjoys life and understands the concept of working to live, not living to work
- Self-starter/takes initiative
- Basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Past phone-based work experience
- Enjoys Portland’s downtown culture
What We Offer:
Driven by customer needs around the world, Global Payments is the partner of choice by delivering a broad range of products and services that help businesses innovate and grow. You will be a huge part of representing the world-class service we offer within consumer engagement and product development as technology continuously evolves. Plus, you’ll have a collaborative team and supportive manager by your side to ensure your success.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.