Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Maintenance Supervisor coordinates the daily activities, sets priorities and supervises the Maintenance Team. Ensures the effective preservation of manufacturing related equipment through ongoing inspections and maintenance.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Leads and directs the Manufacturing and Operations team to obtain optimum productivity, while reaching the team objectives.
- Applies expertise in the repair and maintenance of manufacturing related equipment.
- Ensures general safety, compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and company procedures.
- Maintains necessary records/documents of maintenance work performed.
- Ensures staff are in compliance with safety regulations; including proper use of tools, equipment and hazardous materials.
- Uses good judgment and negotiating skills when dealing with difficult or sensitive situations.
- Supports the Facilities Function as needed on all shifts; supports activities outside normal working hours when necessary
- Leads and directs work for team of employees as defined by business needs.
- Manages staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary.
A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Technical certificates in electrical, HVAC or the equivalent experience in related field.
5 years of relevant experience. Must have minimum Journeyman License; Master Electrical License preferred
Solid knowledge in facilities maintenance management and a successful track record with leading employees.
Expertise in manufacturing equipment maintenance/repair.
Proficient in recognizing and solving complex problems from established operating procedures and/or scientific methods.
Experience in operating forklifts and other powered equipment to include lifts.
Able to read electrical drawings, schematics, technical documents
Expereince with PLC and automation trouble shooting
Prefer experience with CMMS/ERP like SAP, Maximo, Oracle, etc
Safety knowledge/experience - emergency respnse, Fire Brigade, etc
Installation of power distribution systems
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.