Midsouth Paving, Inc., part of CRH’s South Division, is a leading supplier of quality asphalt and Construction Services in the Southeastern U.S., with operations in Alabama. Working with government agencies, private contractors, counties and municipalities, we produce millions of tons of quality construction materials and pave many miles of highways every year. Our highly skilled workforce strives to deliver the highest quality products and services in a safe, timely and efficient manner, on every project. Mid-South Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
We are searching for 2022 Summer Interns. In this role you will learn and become fully entrenched in the asphalt and road construction business.
This is an entry-level position requiring the desire to learn our business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of Management team (Estimating, Plant, QC, and/or Project) to understand different departments within the materials/asphalt/construction industry.
- Will spend time in the field to learn about the daily work necessary in completing a project
- When necessary, must be able to perform physical labor including shoveling and raking materials.
- The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in the utiliization of Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet
- Required to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment
- Must be able to work any shift to include nights and weekends
- Must be abe to work in various weather related conditions (hot/cold)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 10 to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those en employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noice level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud when out in the field.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Midsouth Paving, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Summer Intern Construction - Birmingham.
- Construction Engineering
- Microsoft Office
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Earthworks Roads, Pavements And Highways