About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Branch Small Business Banker (SAFE) in Consumer and Small Business Banking, as part of Branch Banking. Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Participate in selling products to consumers and businesses including open checking accounts, savings accounts, consumer loans, other consumer products
- Service customers in a branch environment
- Carry out business banking focused functions over the phone
- Complete other branch duties as needed for bank consumers
- Present recommendations for resolving more complex situations
- Exercise some independent judgment while acting as branch manager on duty when the branch manager is out
- Provide information to colleagues, internal partners and stakeholders, including customers
- 2+ years of branch small business banking experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 1+ year of experience managing a dedicated book of small business customers across assigned territory
- Knowledge and understanding of book of business
- Experience using strong business acumen to provide financial services consultation to small business customers
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of bank lending programs, credit policies, and specialty products
- Customer service focus with experience handling complex transactions across multiple systems
- Experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Proficient with proactively sourcing, acquiring, building, and maintaining relationships with customers and colleagues
- Knowledge and understanding of retail compliance controls, risk management, and loss prevention
- Ability to educate and connect customer to technology and share the value of mobile banking options
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and employees
- High motivation with ability to successfully meet team objectives while maintaining individual performance
- Experience mentoring and peer-coaching others
- Ability to manage expectations and conduct follow-ups with customers and Wells Fargo partners
- Relevant military experience including working with military protocol and instructions, enlisted evaluations, officer/leadership reporting
- Relevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources or military recruiting
We Value Diversity
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) website ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Small Business Banker - Rehoboth DE ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards.
- A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
- Benefits Realisation Management
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Commercial Awareness
- Commercial Banking
- Consumer Product