Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Sure you could find a career that satisfies you, but what about one that inspires you? We're in the business of helping make the health care system work better for everyone. That means we need people who know how to bring it every single day. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you'll collaborate with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who impact decisions that help millions live healthier lives.
This position is to support the Enterprise Clinical Services (ECS) organization as a member of the FP&A team and is accountable for both consolidation and management of total ECS results in addition to support of our Strategy & Solutions operational team within ECS. This position will work with the Finance team, within ECS and at Corporate, to ensure that the business is operating effectively, with sound financial analysis, and with appropriate financial and operating controls in place.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with ECS Finance & Operational leads to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial executive packages
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
- Produce clear, well-formatted reports that communicate a clear, compelling message for their stakeholders
- Develop and maintain monthly and forecast financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Develop and perform all aspects of financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Support Clinical Advocacy & Support Finance lead in deliverable of sound financials and analytics
- Understand and incorporate industry specific metrics into reports to highlight relevant trends and support fact-based business decisions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of financial and/or accounting experience
- Advanced level of proficiency with Excel (experience with pivot tables, database / logic formulas, etc.)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI, SQL, Tableau, DOMO, or other advanced reporting and analysis tool
- Knowledge in Hyperion Essbase, Planning and PeopleSoft Financials
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization and with a cross-functional partners
- Proven ability communicate effectively (both verbal and written) at both the working and executive level
- Solid attention to detail and accuracy
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.