To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Production Team Leader I
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Rochester, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Production Team Leader I
At Benchmark (NYSE: BHE), our mission is to be the solutions provider of choice for high technology OEM customers, anticipating their needs and rapidly delivering comprehensive value-creation solutions during the entire product life cycle by providing:
Our mission is based on a foundation of financial strength, managerial integrity and a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement. As a top 10 global leader in the electronics manufacturing industry, we attribute our success to the success of our customers.
For more information, please visit www.bench.com
Under direction of a supervisor, the Production Team Leader ensures all necessary tasks are performed per work instructions and procedures to manufacture product to meet quality goals, daily schedule or customer needs. May assist supervisor in the training of new employees in the area. This position works Friday-Sunday 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Shift incentive is 4 hours of pay (work 36 hours get paid for 40).
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Knowledgeable in processes to fully support a shift without additional support.
• Ability to use any equipment required in the functioning of the work center.
• Communicates effectively, in both written and verbal formats.
• Effectively mentors employees.
• Understands and uses continuous improvement tools.
• Drives solutions to planning issues with direction from management.
• Supports a 24/7 global business operation as required.
• Able to work overtime when needed.
• Effective analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills with employees.
• Effective problem solving skills.
• Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment, and professionalism when representing the company.
• Demonstrates leadership and people management skills.
• Demonstrates teamwork and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with direction.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- May identify workmanship and material defects by sight.
- Ensures others perform tasks with a high degree of care and attention to minimize loss of time and material.
- Ensures team members follow work instructions and procedures, drawings and customer specifications required.
- Responds to written and verbal direction.
- Monitors individual work habits and performance.
- Continuously monitors quality and provide feedback to Operators.
- Insures scrap is properly disposed of at the end of each shift.
- Assists in facilitating shift overlap.
- Communicates all issues to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Continues to increase process knowledge of product.
- Lead by example and support management objectives and BEI policies.
- Acts as backup for the Supervisor as needed (i.e. absence, weekend support, etc).
0-3 years experience mentoring others
High School Diploma or GED; ability to read, write, perform basic math; 2+ years electronics manufacturing and some leadership experience; contract manufacturing preferred
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.