To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Manhattan, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Generalist
The Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services Inc. • Manhattan, NY
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Jewish Board is looking for an experienced HR professional to join our growing team. Reporting directly to the HR Director, the successful candidate is interested in deepening their Human Resources and change management skills. In this role s/he will provide a range of HR partnership and consultation in the areas of: recruitment, benefits, employee relations, on-boarding, performance management, career development, HRIS and HR administration. The HR Generalist will be responsible for assisting in servicing over 200 employees, providing day-to-day HR support to all levels of employees, management and assist with projects, and processes across a full range of HR functions.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Coordinate the hiring process with hiring managers with an emphasis on selection and hiring.
- Screen resumes and refer candidates to hiring managers.
- Develop a pool of candidates in key areas.
- Assist managers and departments to prepare job descriptions and advertisements, interview candidates and make final selections;
- Act as liaison with employment agencies and with job boards, processing and checking recruitment billings. Post open positions and manage the resume flow via online system.
- Manage applicant tracking systems for EEO.
- Assess recruitment metrics for open positions.
- Maintain report tracking /updating status of active, on-hold and filled positions.
- Conduct exit interviews; analyze data and makes recommendations to management for corrective action and continuous improvement. Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment. Compliance
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly reports.
- Other related duties as needed.
- Bachelors’ degree, HR Certificate and/or equivalent experience is required
- 3+ year’s relevant HR experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of HR functions including recruiting and hiring, benefit administration and compensation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form required.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making. Strong analytical skills preferred.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion; Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Must be able to effectively manage competing tasks; Strong organizational skills required.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite proficiency: Dayforce/Taleo experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain an upbeat professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency/initiative and commitment to quality/attention to detail required.