To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The CSI Companies • Altamonte Springs, FL
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The CSI Companies Inc, is a leading national staffing firm, specializing in temporary placements, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire opportunities throughout the United States. We are currently hiring a Pharmacist for one of our preferred healthcare clients in the Altamonte Springs, FL area. This is a direct-hire opportunity with quarterly bonuses, excellent benefits, 401k, and more!
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for provision of all facets of pharmaceutical care related to patients/consumers of the pharmacy services.
SCOPE OF ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Pharmacists are the licensed practitioners in the pharmacy and are responsible for direct supervision and participation in all components of the pharmacy operation.
- Safely and correctly supervise and dispense medications and medications used for infusions in the home, outpatient clinics, skilled nursing facilities and physician/clinic environments.
- Initiate medication therapies with successful on-going evaluation of care and completion of required documentation relative to processing therapies, both fiscal and legal.
- Responsible for understanding of, compliance with and participation in Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement and accreditation guidelines ensuring achievement of excellence in quality patient care.
- Assist with the referral process including but not limited to: provision of medical information to patients and care givers relative to home infusion therapy; assistance in the teaching of patients prior to discharge to home; and coordination of deliveries with nursing and support services.
- Be actively involved in the education and inservicing of licensed health care professionals who perform services relative to the therapies provided by the pharmacy.
- Participate in inventory control, ordering, warehouse organization, packing/shipping, equipment maintenance and hazardous waste control.
- Responsible for emergency on-call duties on weekends and weeknights as required by center scheduling.
- Learn and utilize all computer programs necessary for the successful review, authorization, preparation, dispensing and management of the pharmacy patients.
- Remain familiar with literature, references and resources for therapies and care of patients serviced by the pharmacy.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Participate in Quality and Performance Improvement.
- Participate in review of Safe Medication Practices.
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES:
- Currently licensed pharmacist with the Department of Professional Regulation or similar regulatory agency of the state. Must be in good standing with all State Boards of Pharmacy where licensure is presently or previously has been active.
- Two years’ experience in pharmacy community health services or specialty pharmacy that includes responsible experience in patient clinical management is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrate clinical competence on an ongoing basis.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills and good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and cooperate with all departments within the home infusion center.
- Must be flexible with work schedule and emergency call duty.
- Teaching experience with nurses and clients preferred.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a currently licensed registered pharmacist with the Department of Professional Regulations and State Board of Pharmacy. Pharm. D. Preferred.
- Clinical expertise in Specialty Therapies.
- Certification in Specialty Pharmacy preferred.
Pharmacy licensure in state of operations. Multiple state licenses preferred.
- Stays abreast of developments in field of specialty pharmacy.
- Meets State Board of Pharmacy and accreditation organization requirements.
- Must complete 15 CEUs yearly. At least 10 annual CEU's will be required to be dedicated to supporting our core therapies and the remaining 5 can be used to address mandatory requirements within the support of specific state requirements
For more information/how to apply: please attach a copy of your most polished, detailed updated resume today!