You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Director, Treatment Services
• Provide supervision and oversight to program and management staff of the 716 Residence, 764 Residence and 822 Outpatient Services Program.
• Act as liaison to funding and regulatory bodies such as NYS Office of Alcohol & Substance Abuse Services (OASAS), Human Resources Administration (HRA) and NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (DOHMH).
• Closely collaborate with the Medical Director, Senior Director of Admissions, Senior Director of MAT, and Director of Nursing to ensure ongoing coordination of client care.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable operating regulations and VIP standards and participate in all recertification applications/reviews within areas of responsibility.
• Develop new linkages, affiliations and referral sources with external service providers.
• Develop, review and update departmental policies and procedures as needed.
• Assure that all staff members are trained on and adhere to VIP policies and applicable regulatory standards.
• Provide ongoing training for program staff and participate in VIP in-service trainings.
• Acts as client advocate, ensuring that all client rights are respected and that all grievances and complaints are addressed in a timely and equitable manner in accordance with VIP policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
• Review and approve personnel actions for all employees within designated area of responsibility, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, promotion, disciplinary action and separation of program staff.
• Prepare written annual evaluations for all direct reports and ensure the evaluations are completed accurately and objectively for all employees within designated areas of responsibility.
• Prepare all proposals and monthly reports as needed.
• Develop annual business plans in all areas of responsibility.
• Monitor operating budgets in areas of responsibilities making recommendations to maximize revenue collection and improve cost efficiency, allocations and expenditures.
• Conduct scheduled management meetings with all direct reports.
• Develop, administer and oversee Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement activities within area of responsibility.
• Other relevant duties as assigned.
• Advance clinical degree required.
• License/Certification in a clinical discipline required (i.e., Ph.D., LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, CRC, etc.).
• 10 years of progressive experience including direct service, supervisory, and administrative practices within a clinical setting including a minimum of 5 years in an administrative or clinical supervisory capacity.
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Must be computer literate including proficiency with electronic health records, Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• This position requires regular travel between VIP locations.
• This position will require availability as needed including on call responsibilities
- Clinical Works
- Computer Literacy
- Electronic Medical Record
- Financial Management
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 4013466481
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.