To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sarasota, FL
- Kelley Blackshear
- Phone: 2123366244
- Phone:: 1 212-661-6622
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Employee Relations Specialist
Michael Page • Sarasota, FL
Posted 2 months ago
My client is the world's leading retailer of athletically inspired shoes and apparel, is seeking an Employee Relations Specialist. This is a unique opportunity on the Employee Relations team that will work with business functions across the United States. This role is located in Bradenton, Florida.
My client operates approximately 3,500 athletic retail stores in 27 countries in North America, Europe and Australia under prestigious brand names. We attribute our success to the drive and intelligence of our Associates. Operating in team-driven culture, our goals and achievements as a company are boundless!
The Employee Relations Specialist position offers an opportunity for advancement and growth for individuals looking for a career in Human Resources and particularly Employee Relations. This individual will report into the Employee Relations Manager.
* Investigate, analyze, and make appropriate recommendations regarding complex employee relations issues filed internally; exercise influence appropriately
* Utilize the Employee Relations Case Management System to manage cases from intake to resolution
* Investigate charges of discrimination, harassment and retaliation filed through a Federal/State agency
* Provide coaching, counsel, and direction to Store Managers, Associates, District Managers, and Regional Vice Presidents across the US to ensure fair employment practices and compliance with employment legislation
* Ensure fair treatment for all associates at all levels
* Actively monitor case load volumes to ensure effective response and resolution
* Assist in managing projects that help to proactively improve the positive workplace in all our stores
* Ensure that we are in compliance with the Company's policies as well as Federal and State laws
* Assist in the creation and distribution of the monthly employee relations newsletter
* Participate in rotation of weekend FEP (Employee Relations team) hot line monitoring
* Send out all correspondence to the complainants and defendants while their case is being investigated and upon completion
* Participate in the coordination and execution of field training, which educates our associates on rightful discharge, sexual harassment and discrimination
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related discipline required
* Minimum 2-4 years employee relations experience required
* Experience working on a high volume of employee relations investigations / cases required
* Employee Relations experience in the following industries preferred: Retail, Banking, Manufacturing, Call Center, and/or Shared Service Center
* Knowledge and experience in general HR
* Strong business acumen and the ability to analyze statistical data to identify areas of focus
* Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Demonstrated experience working effectively and accurately in a high volume, fast paced environment
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Strong interpersonal, delivery and facilitation skills
* Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
* Capable of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with all levels of the organization
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Employee discount
- Semi-Annual sample sales
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Benefits
- Paid time off