SAIC is seeking a Chief Operations Manager to join our account team supporting a major state & local government customer. The Operations Manager is an experienced Information Technology (IT) service manager with a background in driving operational delivery and excellence. The Operations Manager will be a core member of the leadership team providing infrastructure services to a variety of geographically dispersed customers. The Operations Manager provides overall leadership, guidance and management for multiple teams delivering IT infrastructure services and is responsible for the quality and performance of those teams and services.
- Oversee the daily delivery of Service Desk services to ensure end user incidents and needs are addressed adequately and in a timely fashion.
- Provide guidance and direction to the manager of the program’s Joint Operations Center (JOC), prioritizing and facilitating tasks to close escalated incidents and problems.
- Act as a point of escalation for both incidents and problems in the supported IT infrastructure environment in order to prioritize workflows, resolve conflicts and prevent service disruption across multiple suppliers and customers.
- Oversee optimization of service availability through efforts to reduce MTTR and incidents caused by change.
- Conduct service mapping to identify infrastructure optimization opportunities to underpin service availability.
- Working with the program’s SAIC leadership team as well as customer stakeholders, enable operational excellence through delivery of core services and innovation, fostering an atmosphere of continuous service improvement.
The Chief Operations Manager will serve as the key representative and spokesperson for all operational issues and will be accountable for operational strategy, capabilities, long range goals and objectives along with achievement of existing and emerging objectives for service performance, cost and schedule. The Operations Manager will frequently interact directly with customers, up to and including executive level staff, during meetings, direct interactions and through participation in IT governance activities.
Background / Experience
The ideal candidate will possess a broad range of governance, operations and service delivery experience including service delivery team management, financial management and working within a decentralized environment. Experience with the day-to-day operations of a Service Desk and Operations Center is a must with demonstrated accomplishment in the improvement and automation of services. Experience with state & local government customers is strongly desired.Experience with the management and integration of multiple suppliers, each with varying degrees of service delivery methods and maturity. Demonstrated track record of working toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated.
- Bachelor’s and eighteen (18) years or more of related experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more of related experience.
- Strong skills with MS Office products and Microsoft SharePoint
- ITIL certification preferred (Foundation or above)
- Experience with IT governance in an enterprise environment
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Chief Operations Manager
or [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Chief Operations Manager
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.