Java Developer Opening in Quincy, MA!
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Java Developer role in the Quincy, MA area. This is a 6 contract-to-hire position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in this Java Developer opportunity; please send a Word resume to Matthew Bonvouloir, Technical Recruiter, at Email blocked - click to apply.
Position: Java Developer
Apex Job ID: 981613
Location: Quincy, MA
Rate: Negotiable based on experience
Duration: 6-12 month contract-to-hire
Our large retail Client is looking for a Java Developer to join their team on a long-term basis. The candidate will work with scrum teams to deliver best-in-class software solutions on time and in scope for our Client's continued eCommerce efforts. Working with industry veterans and technical leaders, the candidate will help refine existing applications for deployment in Azure, build new products for customers to gain a better experience, and be part of teams solving complex supply chain, retail, and eCommerce problems.
This position will be front-end focused: roughly 70% of development will be in the front end with about 30% back-end development.
- Participate in sprint planning and design alongside Scrum Team (including level of effort estimates)
- Work with product managers and SMEs to understand the retail industry and customer needs
- Code, develop unit tests, and ensure implementation of software into production goes smoothly alongside business stakeholders, QA, and other developers
- Research and engage in emerging technologies
- Do what it takes to deliver quality code to advance business goals- using your best judgement to find success
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
2. 5+ years of experience developing code in a Java Production environment
3. Proven experience mentoring junior talent
5. Ability to teach development standards and update policies/procedures to match industry best practices.
6. Experience building RESTful APIs.
7. Advanced knowledge of data structures and algorithm development.
8. Experience with software architecture, specifically microservices.
9. Ability to grasp concepts quickly and implement learning fast.
10. Passion for coding- you have projects on your own and would be coding regardless of where you work.
11. Effectively communicate your ideas and listen to others.
12. Problem solving – not only technically, but also with competing visions from teammates and stakeholders.
Desired Skills (not required but candidate will have exposure to these skills in this role):
1. Master's Degree in Computer Science
2. Previous Vue.JS experience
3. Previous experience in the retail industry.
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit!
1. Brand new workspace
2. Open mic night once a month
3. Collaborative environment
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at URL blocked - click to apply 844-463-6178-6178.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)
Java Script (Programming Language)