$70000.00 to $80000.00 yearly
Contact this reputable Service company through Robert Half Finance about their Controller position, if you have a knack for leading with high standards, positively motivating others, and making critical decisions and have experience taking charge of an accounting and clerical department. In this role, you will be planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff. You will succeed in this position if you can lead with integrity and reliability and have the ability to manage self and others with urgency, practicality and accountability when providing client services. Creative team players with a talent for challenging the status quo, coming up with unique ideas, negotiating and influencing preferred. If it's time to advance your career, find out more about this opportunity and take the next steps toward a very competitive and generous compensation and benefits package. This full-time position is for a Controller who will work in the Minneapolis, Minnesota region.
- Ensure client satisfaction by reviewing deliverables of self and team
- Complete month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, reconcile accounts, and handle G/L analysis
- Collaborate with executive team and partners to support efficient and effective firm-wide operation
- Time monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is punctual
- Manage the creation of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, daily cash management
- Research, plan and implement Finance Department initiatives including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed
- Oversee the activities of the finance department, such as accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Able to perform additional tasks beyond formal job duties
- Assess, execute and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Each month, present executive committee and partners with financial reports
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Strong communication and social skills and able to receive criticism well
- Proficiency in financial statement preparation
- Solid understanding of month end closings
- Experience with Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Knowledge of bank reconciliations
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience
- Adeptness in QuickBooks
- Skilled in analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Outstanding technology, analytics and management experience required
- Prior work done in public accounting is desired
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.