Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Scientific Research Corporation supports the production, testing and acceptance of US Navy's Signal's Intelligence (SIGINT) systems designed and manufactured by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM); to be installed on U.S. Navy ships, Coast Guard platforms, and shore sites. This support includes; but is not limited to; rack integration, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, and repair. This support, ultimately, is designed to ensure system products delivered to US Department of Defense customers are of the highest quality.
The Field Service Engineer/Technician will act as a contributor & Team Lead to a group of similar skilled employees supporting the OEM facility in the accomplishment of Production/Factory Acceptance Testing (PAT/FAT) processes.
• Physically connect, and conducts power on testing of electronic equipment into equipment racks
• Perform technical review of system level documentation for technical accuracy while executing engineering level system test and system software configuration procedures in preparation for formal product acceptance
• Troubleshoot inter-rack power, RF, timing, network cabling per system drawings
• Troubleshoot electronic equipment at the system level to accurately identify, isolate, and correct equipment faults and system performance abnormalities to the Lowest Replaceable Unit (LRU) level.
• Document testing, troubleshooting, and corrective information for all actions performed
• Act as a supervisor/team lead to a staff of Technicians/Field Service Engineers
• Assist in the training/mentorship of other technicians and/or new hires
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Must currently possess an active TOP SECRET/SCI clearance
• Knowledge of the HF, VHF and UHF Radio Frequency spectrum to include troubleshooting and working with testing equipment (Time Domain Reflectometers, Spectrum Analyzers, Vector Network Analyzers, Signal Generators, Frequency Counters, Oscilloscopes, and Digital Multimeters)
• Five or more years (5+) of electronic equipment troubleshooting/repair experience
• Familiarity with WINDOWS, UNIX, and LINUX as well as operating in a Command Line Interface (CLI)
• Experience leading diverse teams of Electronics Technicians/Engineers
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the year
• Have developed communication skills and the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely, employing technical writing techniques
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• 8 years of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) system maintenance experience
Systems may include but are not limited to:
• Ship's Signal Exploitation Equipment (SSEE) Increment E/F; Cooperative Outboard Logistics Upgrade (COBLU), COMBAT Direction Finding (CDF)
• Integrated Submarine Communications Receiving System (ISCRS); and Cryptologic Carry-On Program (CCOP) systems including
• Advanced Cryptologic Carry-On Exploitation Equipment (ACCES); Hostile Forces Integrated Targeting Service (HITS), STINGRAY, DRT, BLUESTREAM, CORSAIR, GALE, REDFALCON, TEALITE, QUICKSHOT, OFM, TURBULENTSTORM or TURBULENTWAVE
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET / SCI CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Software Configuration Management