To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Abilene, TX
- Melissa Morales
- Phone: 713-335-0518
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
DRIVER - Fuel Services/Transport
Reladyne • Abilene, TX
Posted 9 days ago
Transport Driver -OTR Driver
This position reports to the Manager of Distribution & Logistics and frequently interacts with Dispatch. The Transport Drivers’ primary responsibility is to load and deliver fuel to various customers throughout the day in a timely, safe and professional manner. Position may require daytime local, nighttime local, or over-the-road (requires overnight stay in the truck 4 to 5 nights per week)
Accountability and Specific Duties
- Perform daily truck inspection prior to departure, report any problems to supervisor.
- Perform post trip inspections.
- Load and deliver fuel; ensure adequate product prior to facility departure.
- Drive safely and courteously at all time, recognizing that the vehicle and driver are visible symbols of RelaDyne to the public and all customers.
- Deliver product on time while practicing all safe procedures.
- Be carded at refineries.
- Stay in touch with Dispatcher to confirm location and times.
- Driver will be responsible to have, maintain and use all applicable safety equipment, including steel toed boots, during the performance of duties.
- Obey all applicable traffic laws.
- Respond to all customers’ needs quickly and efficiently.
- Report any accident or incident to supervisor immediately.
- Always provide cheerful, professional customer service.
- Treat clients and coworkers with respect and courtesy.
- Additional duties as needed and assigned.
Certificates, Licensing and Software Requirements
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s license with tanker and HazMat endorsements is required.
- Must have valid DOT Medical Card.
- Verifiable clean driving record. Both of these must be kept current
Education and Experience
- This position will require a High School Diploma or GED.
- This position will require, at minimum, 3 years of experience delivering fuel or other hazardous materials.
- Must be able to drive in safe and reliable manner under any conditions.
- Basic mechanical skills will be needed and used in the logistics of loading/unloading and maintenance.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and delivery orders.
- This person must be able to read, analyze and interpret business, safety, and professional documents, as well as government regulations.
- Will be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide as well as understand and calculate volume, weight and percentages. Other basic math skills may be required.
- This position will require physically demanding work in a variety of outdoor weather conditions, including extremes.
- Required to work around moving mechanical parts, in high and precarious places, around fumes or airborne particles, and with potentially flammable chemicals.
- The noise level will be generally moderate and occasionally loud at various delivery locations.
- Truck operation will be loud and there will be moderate vibration associated with extended driving conditions.
- As an Over-The-Road driver, this driver will be expected to stay overnight in the truck for up to 5 nights.