To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
- Volunteers of America
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Volunteers of America National Services • Santa Cruz, CA
Posted 2 months ago
The Wellness Nurse (WN) is a three-year, grant-funded position under the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development's Supportive Services Demonstration (SSD). Any funding for the WN position is subject to the availability of funds after the demonstration ends, with no expectation that there will be a continuation of funds.
The WN provides residents participating in the supportive services demonstration with health education and coaching to facilitate improved self-care management, develops and/or coordinates wellness and prevention activities, and assists with care coordination and health services access to help optimize resident health and well-being. The WN works with residents in both one-on-one and group settings. The WN works in concert with the resident and their family members, if appropriate; the Resident Wellness Director (RWD) , and community partners to help residents address their needs, achieve their goals, and support their ability to safely age in place.
1. Graduate of an accredited nursing program with a current unrestricted license as a registered nurse (RN) in state of California. LPN/LVN may be considered with appropriate skills and experience.
2. Ability to translate medical jargon into easily understandable lay language and to communicate at appropriate literacy and cognitive levels.
3. Aptitude in providing education on health and functional conditions commonly experienced by older adults.
4. Understanding of and sensitivity to the needs of low-income older adults and persons with disabilities.
5. Ability to self-direct and work independently, but also function well as part of a team.