Support the Department of Defense (DoD) Defense Health Agency (DHA) with Research, Development, Testing and Evaluation for the viability of Technical, Cloud, and Data Engineering support mechanisms. The position will:
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers. Monitors and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency.
- Performs systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles and accounts. Other duties may include setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. May be assigned responsibility for less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Computer Science or a related form of Engineering training.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce, Kubernetes) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS a plus.
- Experience using Kubernetes (Docker) and clusters.
- Experience with monitoring systems to easily check the status of services and detect system anomalies immediately.
- Experience with source control, Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development methods (Git, Selenium, Jenkins).
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience in troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve production issues.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to
complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required. Possible lifting up to 25 lbs.
Please note: 4S-Silversword Software and Services LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
4S-Silversword Software and Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
- Amazon Web Services
- Cloud Computing